Unwanted duplicate print jobs

RoddyMcLeanRoddyMcLean Member Posts: 101
Hi,

I have a client that is getting unwanted duplicate print jobs: -

A "Picking List" report is printed in several batches, in the post data item trigger of this report a "batch printed" boolean field is set to true to prevent the report being printed twice. This has been extensively tested by myself and the client in a test environment and the duplicate print job issue can't be reproduced, the "batch printed" field is always set to true, so no duplicates are produced. Only outstanding records are printed.

However, they indicate that the issue arises when they get a deadlock message running the print batch process. There is only one user running the print task at a time and the deadlock collision is with Sales shipments. I'm not really convinced that this would generate a duplicate print job and think its more likely being caused by something in their network/server re-starting the print job.

Regards
Roddy

Comments

• David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    what is the write transaction in the Report that is causing the deadlock? Work that out and fix it by changing the locking sequence. Once you fix this you can then focus on the actual issue.
    David Singleton