Options

Client Connectivity on 3 tier Installation

ekaravelekaravel Member Posts: 4
edited 2011-12-16 in NAV Three Tier
I have finished a 3 tier installation with windows 2008 r2 and sql 2008 r2, I did the “Walkthrough: Installing the Three Tiers on Three Computers” and also I check the installation-connectivity with Best practice analyzer.
For the time beaning I cannot connect using windows authentication with any client either with RoleTailored client or with Classic one.
The RoleTailored client comes up with the message “The server has rejected the client credentials”. I am trying to connect with the domain admin which already has access on the db of the SQL Server.
The Classic client comes up with the message there is no file “hosts” (TCP/IP error NO_DATA).

Comments

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    The Classic client comes up with the message there is no file “hosts”

It looks like some deeper problem. Focus on the classic client first. Are you able to ping the sql server by the name?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    I can ping the SQL server without a problem.

Have in mind that the windows firewalls are disabled.
  • Options
    Try to use netmon to check the network communication, or use procmon to check what the client is trying to read/write/communicate.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    I tried procmon and all communications and read/rights of the servers are all successful, I did not find any unsuccessful line there. I still try to connect from the Role Tailored client of the Navision server and the message that comes up is “The server has rejected the client credentials”.

I can logon now with Navision Classic with Ms SQL Server.
  • Options
    Than it looks like you have not set the windows account in NAV to have permissions to login. Have you added the windows user into NAV and assigned the roles?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.