single user synchronization problem in navision 5.0

lokesh_janlokesh_jan Member Posts: 16
single user synchronization is disable in my navision. I have db owner permission in sql server. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

please help me to enable this option in navision.

Regards,
lokesh

Comments

• nileshshelarnileshshelar Member Posts: 13
    Hi Lokesh,

Select your user (Database / Windows user).
    Then click on Tools -> Security -> Synchronize single login.
  • DRBDRB Member Posts: 105
    Hi,

"Synchronise Single Login" is valid only if you are using "Enhanced" security model for your SQL database. You can check security model from NAV. Tools>> Database >> Alter >>Advanced>> Security>> Model.

But let me also add that though I have "Enhanced" security model and my user is Db_owner for databse & in server roles "securityadmin" "serveradmin" are also assigned, but still "Single Login Synchronisation" is grayed out. :(:(
    -Dhan Raj Bansal
    Linkedin Profile: http://in.linkedin.com/in/dhanrajbansal
  • lokesh_janlokesh_jan Member Posts: 16
    ITS GOOD SOLUTION FOR ME. =D>
    THANKING YOU
    DRB wrote:
    Hi,

"Synchronise Single Login" is valid only if you are using "Enhanced" security model for your SQL database. You can check security model from NAV. Tools>> Database >> Alter >>Advanced>> Security>> Model.

But let me also add that though I have "Enhanced" security model and my user is Db_owner for databse & in server roles "securityadmin" "serveradmin" are also assigned, but still "Single Login Synchronisation" is grayed out. :(:(
  • VjekoVjeko Member Posts: 55
    DRB wrote:
    Hi,

Is it also grayed out if you go to Tools / Security / Windows Logins, and then while the list of logins is displayed, you go to Tools / Security? This option is available when both security model is enhanced, and you have a user selected in the list of Windows (or database) logins.
    (Co-)author of "Implementing Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009"
    http://vjeko.com/
  • vijay_gvijay_g Member Posts: 884
    Yes it is greyed out for Single User Syncronization if you set security model status to standard. it can only be enable when you set status to Enhanced. i have checked it and also found it in C/Side Help Referece Guide.
  • DRBDRB Member Posts: 105
    Vjeko wrote:
    DRB wrote:
    Hi,

This option is available when both security model is enhanced, and you have a user selected in the list of Windows (or database) logins.
    Thanks a lot Vjeko, that is how it works, which I didn't know earlier.
    -Dhan Raj Bansal
    Linkedin Profile: http://in.linkedin.com/in/dhanrajbansal
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    The question though is why do you need to use Enhanced security?
    David Singleton