Purch. Rcpt. Line - Qty. Rcd. Not Invoiced

jversusjjversusj Member Posts: 489
Our accounting department has come across a peculiar bug in our system. We have some Purch. Rcpt. Line records that display a Qty. Rcd. Not Invoiced that has in fact been invoiced. Some of these records relate to POs invoiced back in 2007, others are more recent. So far, the majority of the records are Type = Resource, but there are a few Item and G/L Account records as well. When I look at the posted invoices, they appear to have the expected underlying ledger entries, value entries, etc. It looks like everythign posted correctly except the update to the Purch. Rcpt. Line.

So far I have not been able to repeat the scenario and therefore have not identified how it occurs.

We have had some recent employee turnover - I think the old staff was aware of these records and accounted for them accordingly, but now that the knowledge is gone, I'm being asked to 'fix these records.'

Can any one comment on the proposed solution of using a processing report to update these specific records Qty. Rcd. Not Invoiced? Are there any other tables I need to be concerned with?

We are still using NAV 3.7B, 5.0 client. Any thoughts as to what could cause this to happen?
kind of fell into this...

Comments

• jglathejglathe Member Posts: 639
    Hi,

If there are purch rcpt. Lines with type=resource then you have some modifications in the purchase logic. However: clearing these records will result in not being able to connect these receipts with invoices. There can be other effects as well (item ledger entries not completely invoiced, for instance). Be sure that you know what you're doing when you clear these records.

with best regards

Jens

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=52.520037,13.348929
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Do you have eShip? and if so do you have auto ship posting and/or auto invoice posting selected? The commit in there can cause this issue. Pretty sure its fixed in later versions, but I have seen it in 3.70 and 4.00.
    David Singleton
  • jversusjjversusj Member Posts: 489
    Do you have eShip? and if so do you have auto ship posting and/or auto invoice posting selected? The commit in there can cause this issue. Pretty sure its fixed in later versions, but I have seen it in 3.70 and 4.00.

Yes - we do have EShip.

I am not familiar with "Auto Ship Posting" or "Auto Invoice Posting" in eship setup. I checked our S& R setup and G/L setup as well, and could not find these options.

When you saw this in the past, what was the solution?
  • jversusjjversusj Member Posts: 489
    jglathe wrote:
    Hi,

If there are purch rcpt. Lines with type=resource then you have some modifications in the purchase logic. However: clearing these records will result in not being able to connect these receipts with invoices. There can be other effects as well (item ledger entries not completely invoiced, for instance). Be sure that you know what you're doing when you clear these records.

with best regards

Jens

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=52.520037,13.348929
    Thanks - Yes, our purch. receipt line table does recognize type = Resource. The Purchase Invoice Line, however, recognizes them as type = 3 (there is no caption value).

PIL.Type option values: ,G/L Account,Item,,Fixed Asset,Charge (Item)
    PRL.Type option values: ,G/L Account,Item,Resource,Fixed Asset,Charge (Item)

For those where the type is G/L or Resource I should not have concerns about Item Ledger Entries, correct?