Contacts - NAV 2009 RTC

almhansenalmhansen Member Posts: 117
We are in the process of implementing NAV 2009 SP1 RTC and are planning on using contacts in the sales & marketing area. Is there a quick way from this list screen to tell if a contact is linked to a customer or vendor? I cannot find any sort of filter or anything that will show this, nor is it on the contact card itself.

Comments

• TvisTvis Member Posts: 70
    Well, the thing is that a contact can be connected to both a customer and a vendor (standard there is also a bank business relation) and more business relations could be added through development if necessary.

Maybe you could add the field No. of business relations to the list and use that to check to relations.

Another way would be based on the the idea that your contacts will always only have one business relation you could add a field showing the first business relation to the list --> but if a contact has more than one business relation only the first will be shown so that is not a perfect solution.
  • almhansenalmhansen Member Posts: 117
    Thanks for the input. I think I am going to have to find a way to show the business relation as you mentioned. All I really need to be able to do is allow our sales reps to be able to filter on only a certain set.