Options

Prepayment Issues

NaviDevNaviDev Member Posts: 365
edited 2012-01-30 in NAV Three Tier
Hello All,

I am using R2 version. I need to post a transaction with multiple prepayment terms.

For example,
- I create the sales order, I need to post 50% Prepayment invoice
- Before the shipment I need to post another 20% Prepayment Invoice

However, when I tried to do respectively in Nav, after posting of the 1st prepayment invoice I have reopened the document and tried to change the prepayment % to 20, but it does not allow me to change and showing me error.

"Prepmt. Line Amount cannot be 50. in Sales Line Document Type Order........"

But it allows me to change to a larger %. Consequently, I tried to change to 70 (which I thought would work like 50 + 20). But after posting the prepayment invoice. It shows that I have another prepayment total of 70%. Which means that I posted 50% in the 1st and 70% in the 2nd and in total 120%. This is weird.

Please suggest me how to fix this.

Many thanks in advance.
Navision noob....

Comments

• Options
    ikoleticikoletic Member Posts: 4
    The feature is not designed to with the way you described.
    If you want second prepayment to be 20% of invoice amount you need to update prepayment % to 70%.
    This error is shown in order to prevent lowering of prepayment % after prepayment has already been posted.
    If you set prepayment % to 70% after posting first prepayment invoice and reopening the order, pay attention to Prepayment Line Amount Excl VAT and Prep Amt. Invoiced Excl VAT.
    NAV calculates (second) prepayment amount as difference between those 2 numbers.
    If you had 100 as Line Amount and posted 50% as first prepayment, when you enter 70% in prepayment % prepayment Amount invoiced will be 50 and prepayment line amout 70. Differenct will be 20 (20% you want to post).
    Ivan Koletić
  • Options
    sameerarsameerar Member Posts: 63
    I faced the same problem. we have fixed it according to the customer requirement.

Give me your email address. I will send a codeunit to you to Try it and test it and let me know if it not fix your requirement.

Regards,
    Sameera