Options

Sum appears not to run through loop in RTC Report

amandabzamandabz Member Posts: 5
edited 2011-12-02 in NAV Three Tier
I'll start off by saying that I am new to NAV and this is my first complex report. My brain is fried and I've searched everywhere looking for this solution, but I don't think I can get a close enough search description to pull anything up.

I have created a report in Classic client that pulls all Service Invoices with a Service Line related having a specific GL account (a customer deposit code) and created the total of the deposit for that Invoice. I then linked this to the Sales Credit Memo's with the same criteria. I ran through loops (as there can be multiple credit memo's per invoice) and totaled each of these instances. So... I have this great report now in Classic, works perfect, but when going to convert to RTC, it does not appear to run through the loop, but only calcuates the first credit memo total record. I tried using the Sum Dataset result to recalculate, but it shows me the total of the credit memo above my summed result. So this leads me to my question. How can I get rid of this total here? Here is the field info I used "Fields!DepositTotal.Value-Sum(Fields!SalesCrMemoTotal.Value, "DatasetResult")" (tried without the DatasetResult and it only calculated the first record) I only want one line on my report to show as such (example) (see attachment Classic as post omits spaces):

Invoice No. Deposit Total Credit Memo Totals Balance
SV10001 300.00 250.00 50.00

This is an example of the result I'm getting (note, it is showing the Credit Memo total for each Credit Memo record associated to the Invoice (see attachment RTC as post omits spaces):

I have never seen this before, all sums have worked fine in other reports I've created. Can anyone guide me to a fix or tell me what I've done wrong?? Please help!!

Answers

• Options
    Troubles_In_ParadiseTroubles_In_Paradise Member Posts: 588
    amandabz wrote:
    I'll start off by saying that I am new to NAV and this is my first complex report. My brain is fried and I've searched everywhere looking for this solution, but I don't think I can get a close enough search description to pull anything up.

I have created a report in Classic client that pulls all Service Invoices with a Service Line related having a specific GL account (a customer deposit code) and created the total of the deposit for that Invoice. I then linked this to the Sales Credit Memo's with the same criteria. I ran through loops (as there can be multiple credit memo's per invoice) and totaled each of these instances. So... I have this great report now in Classic, works perfect, but when going to convert to RTC, it does not appear to run through the loop, but only calcuates the first credit memo total record. I tried using the Sum Dataset result to recalculate, but it shows me the total of the credit memo above my summed result. So this leads me to my question. How can I get rid of this total here? Here is the field info I used "Fields!DepositTotal.Value-Sum(Fields!SalesCrMemoTotal.Value, "DatasetResult")" (tried without the DatasetResult and it only calculated the first record) I only want one line on my report to show as such (example) (see attachment Classic as post omits spaces):

This is an example of the result I'm getting (note, it is showing the Credit Memo total for each Credit Memo record associated to the Invoice (see attachment RTC as post omits spaces):

I have never seen this before, all sums have worked fine in other reports I've created. Can anyone guide me to a fix or tell me what I've done wrong?? Please help!!

have you already tried to play with the visibility property of the row?
    ~Rik~
    It works as expected... More or Less...
  • Options
    amandabzamandabz Member Posts: 5
    That worked!!! I used the Line Number to hide if not = to 1. Thank you so much!!!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Troubles_In_ParadiseTroubles_In_Paradise Member Posts: 588
    amandabz wrote:
    That worked!!! I used the Line Number to hide if not = to 1. Thank you so much!!!! :mrgreen:
    :D welcome!
    ~Rik~
    It works as expected... More or Less...