Form loses focus

rodrigopuelmarodrigopuelma Member Posts: 15
In the Sales Order Subform of the Sales Order Form I have added a search field that opens a custom form with a list of items. When a search is made and the Sales Order Form is maximized and there are more than two forms open the custom form opens and but loses focus and ends up behind the other three forms.

If there are less than three forms open and/or the Sales Order Form is not maximized then the custom form opens with focus.

Any ideas?

Comments

• David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Are you opening it modaly?

There have always been a lot of issues with SubForms linking to any other form, especially if the new form in anyway manipulates the subform, which in a search you may be doing. Maybe try putting this funcitonality into the header and working from there.

And with forms going away I don't see this being corrected.
    David Singleton
  • rodrigopuelmarodrigopuelma Member Posts: 15
    Yes, the custom form opened is runned modally.
    I've tried to change several properties in the form without success.

The reason I cannot run the custom form from the main form is because it's opened from a field in the subform.
    The reason I cannot run the custom form from the main form is because it's opened from a field in the subform.

I understood that from your original post. I was suggesting (if possible) to move that field to the main form. But without knowing what you are trying to do its impossible to really give any decent advise.
    David Singleton

I understood that from your original post. I was suggesting (if possible) to move that field to the main form. But without knowing what you are trying to do its impossible to really give any decent advise.

I understand,

The search field opens a custom form when it has a value and the user types enter. The custom form shows all items that can be related to the valued applied in the search field and form there the user can select the specific item.

I also think that the problem has something to do with the client or a property in the custom form anyway.
    The search field opens a custom form when it has a value and the user types enter. The custom form shows all items that can be related to the valued applied in the search field and form there the user can select the specific item.

I also think that the problem has something to do with the client or a property in the custom form anyway.

That's interesting then, I have a client with a very similar modification. Its been working about 10 years, and they use it at least 100 times a day, and never a problem. In this case the user enters a value in a field and code searches three different tables to see if it exists in one of them, if so it returns the value and updates the line, if not it allows the to either search for it in one of the tables, or create a new record. So conceptually similar to what you are doing.
    David Singleton

That's interesting then, I have a client with a very similar modification. Its been working about 10 years, and they use it at least 100 times a day, and never a problem. In this case the user enters a value in a field and code searches three different tables to see if it exists in one of them, if so it returns the value and updates the line, if not it allows the to either search for it in one of the tables, or create a new record. So conceptually similar to what you are doing.

So it seems, with the difference that it doesn't work correctly in mine =P