Object Renumbering

Vineeth.RVineeth.R Member Posts: 121
Dear Friends,

I want to renumber objects in Navision, i dont want to delete the data in my tables. Is there any tools i can use to do that?
Please advise. Any free tools.

Thanks
Thanks and Regards
Vineeth.R

Comments

• David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Vineeth.R wrote:
    Dear Friends,

I want to renumber objects in Navision, i dont want to delete the data in my tables. Is there any tools i can use to do that?
    Please advise. Any free tools.

Thanks

Assuming these are 50,000..99,999 tables, then just go to the object designer and in the Table no field change it to what you want and all the data will move.

This is a manual way and how I do it if there is just a few databases that you need to do it in. If you have many databases, like an Add-On then do it by detaching and reattaching as linked tables, that way its simply a case of importing objects.
    David Singleton
  • alvi99alvi99 Member Posts: 71
    Manual or use Mergetool - its free
  • Vineeth.RVineeth.R Member Posts: 121
    Hi Friends,

There are around 10 tables, 30+ forms and 50 reports which i need to change. Doing it manual is time consuming and stressful. Is there a tool or something which i can use to renumber all these? i cannot delete the table data.

Meanwhile i m trying to find Mergetool as suggested.

Thanks.
    Thanks and Regards
    Vineeth.R
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Vineeth, have you read the replies?

I have given you the solution to renaming the tables without deleting data and alvi has given you the solution to renumbering the objects. What more do you want?
    David Singleton