Missing table in Database Information (Tables)

einsTeIn.NETeinsTeIn.NET Member Posts: 1,050
Hi guys,

what could be the reason for a missing table in Database Information (Tables)? I mean I can see that table in Object Designer and there are records in it, but I can't see it in the "Database Information (Tables)" view. Any ideas?

Edit: It's not a virtual table, it's a customized one (in 50.000 no. range).
"Money is likewise the greatest chance and the greatest scourge of mankind."

Answers

• BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    Try to check the datapercompany property, maybe it's set to yes and your table is moved among the tables with "company name" = ''.
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • einsTeIn.NETeinsTeIn.NET Member Posts: 1,050
    No, I already checked that.

What I suppose is that the "Database Information (Tables)" view is some kind of SQL view, isn't it? And maybe it has to do with updating that view or user rights in any way... something like that?
    <<Maybe>> if you're not dbowner, the table is new and you have not syncronized your user yet, you cannot see your table... :-k
    btw, database info (tables) is a virtual table (you can run it by building a form on "table information", as always).
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
    No, sorry. I'm dbowner and the table is very old. The table is in a 4.03 database and the table itself might be even older.
    Yeah, I already checked if I get another view when I create a new form on 2000000028 Table Information. But the result is the same, the table is still missing.
  • TvisTvis Member Posts: 70
    Seems strange - is the db consistent (try doing a consistency check to be sure)?
  • FDickschatFDickschat Member Posts: 380
    Belias wrote:
    What I suppose is that the "Database Information (Tables)" view is some kind of SQL view, isn't it?
    No. "Database Information (Tables)" is table "dbo.Object" in your DB. You can just open it from SSMS with a simple select.

The only time I have seen a situation like you describe is after someone messed around in the table object on SQL side. Be careful there. It is kind of a metadata table which also holds the objects. Changes to this table have no effect on the actual SQL tables or SIFT views (in case of a table or tabledata object).

Usually after someone messed around with table object the NAV client will just shut down with some weird error messages.
    Frank Dickschat
    FD Consulting
  • kapamaroukapamarou Member Posts: 1,152
    You could use SQL Profiler or Client Monitor to see which object is accessed when you run the table to see the data. Could it be a "Linked Object" table based on a view?
  • TvisTvis Member Posts: 70
    @FDickschat

When i do a 'select * from dbo.Object' i don't get amount of records, record size or table size. Any hints on where they are stored?
    @einstein: i think you've already tried to do this, but...did you already try to export the object (both fob and txt) and then reimport it in another database? what happens?
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
    Yeah, it's a linked Object. I thought I checked that...

Anyway, finally solved now. Thanks for all the input.
  • loicloic Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

I think your table was empty.

Regards.
    No, when you open that table it shows you all the records that are displayed by the SQL View. So, it looks like a real, filled table, but indeed it isn't.