Can not use Page datatype in NAS?

lynhthilynhthi Member Posts: 15
Hi all,

I have created function (Codeunit), and use NAS to schedule to run it. In my function, i called many functions in others Page, I start NAS Service and got an error from Event viewer: Your program license does not permit use of the datatype Page. This message to indicate that: My license can not use Page datatype in NAS? so can i upgrade license to support Page datatype in NAS?

Thanks all.

Comments

• einsTeIn.NETeinsTeIn.NET Member Posts: 1,050
    As far as I'm aware of NAS functionality NAS is a Classic Client without any graphical user interface. From that point of view it doesn't make no sense to use Pages within NAS.
    "Money is likewise the greatest chance and the greatest scourge of mankind."
  • BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    as einstein said, there's no meaning to use pages with nas (if there are some functions in the page that you need to schedule, just move them in the table and give them the same name that had in the page. Then change your code accordingly; i suggest you to recompile everything).
    BTW if you're going to use pages (Role tailored client), you need to update your license (for free, if you're a solution center).

PS: if you do some modification, remember to restart nas :wink:
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • lynhthilynhthi Member Posts: 15
    Hi, thanks einsTeIn.NET and Belias

I want to show my function. I stock in products from another system to my system, so i use InStream to read file CSV (Because, NAS can not use XML Port!), I need to assign LOT. When assigning LOT, I call function SetSource from Page Item Tracking Lines:
    ItemTracking.SetSource(TempTrackingSpecification,TH."Posting Date");

ItemTracking: FORM Item Tracking Lines
    If I use FORM datatype, I got an error: You cannot use C/AL variables of type FORM when running the Application Server for Microsoft Dynamics NAV Classic., so I try to use Page datatype, I still got an other error: Your program license does not permit use of the datatype Page.
    Because some functions in Page Item Tracking Lines are more complicated, so it is to hard to copy it to table or codeunit (as einsTeIn.NET said).

I hope that upgrade license will solve my problem ? [-o<
    OMG...item tracking...good luck...
    Jokes apart, forget to call the same functions of the form, and follow this topic (to get inspiration, at least). :wink:
    http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=47186&hilit=tracking
    and search mibuso for createreserventry or similar...
    In the topic i linked above, you'll find the method to populate the reservation entry table (actually, achieving the same result as filling the form)
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
  • waynenlwaynenl Member Posts: 39
    Hi Belias,

I am very concerned about this case. Thank for your suggestion.
    So i hope you can share run-able codeunit or function for assigning the Lot. :thumbsup:
  • lynhthilynhthi Member Posts: 15
    Thanks Belias so much!
    I and my colleague (waynenl) have found the solution base on your suggestion.
    Great guys, sorry but i didn't have time to find some code to share...anyway, there was something in the linked topic, wasn't there?
    I'm glad you solved it. And I hope you don't have to mess with item tracking anymore, it's so painful... ](*,)
    -Mirko-
    My Blog