Options

Run page vs Open from role tailore

bekiobekio Member Posts: 204
edited 2011-11-25 in NAV Three Tier
Hello everyone,

I have created a page, and when i run from Dynamics NAV Clasic it displays perfect.
I have also created a menu for this page in Departments menu, and when i open RTC and than open same page via Department menu it hase another display, not as it should be.

Any suggestion

Thanks,

Answers

• Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,090
    [Topic moved from 'NAV Courses, Exams & Certification' forum to 'NAV Three Tier' forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Options
    BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    If it's a card page, you cannot open it directly from the role center...there are some work arounds about it.(try to search "open card page role center" or something like that)
    but basically, from the menu you access lists, choose a record and display its card (through cardformID, usually). These are the guidelines.
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • Options
    Thanks Belias,

I didn't figure out up to now that when you open a card page directly from RTC, it displays a mess(displayed in the area of RTC), and when you open from a list page it displays perfect(as page in new window not in RTC area).

Just interested: Why is this designed like this, did microsoft done this for a reason or what?

#-o
  • Options
    BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    i think for technical reasons (e.g.: browsing through records in the card, dynamic sizing/positioning issues and maybe some other reasons that doesn't come in my mind now :) )
    btw...as i said, the UX guidlines is to access the card from the list. If you want to open a card (or a report) directly from role center, i think you can do it from the links present in the "departments". But you're going to open it in a new window, anyway...
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • Options
    :shock:

Thanks again for answer.