Options

Item Tracking Code

riki7riki7 Member Posts: 29
Hi guys, I have this problem and as much as i'm trying i just can't find tha solution ](*,) . I have created a new product and assigned Item tracking code . I have created a purchase invoice for this product and assigned a Lot No. with expiring dates etc. Now, I am trying to make a sale. While i am trying to assign from which Lot No. should Navision remove the products from, Navision does not show which Lots are available, so i have to remember the Lot No. that i want to remove the products from to make the sale. Am i doing something wrong?? I am 99% sure that i have gone through all the steps of Item Tracking procedure. Doesn't seem there is something else to do for the program to show the Lot No. that the item belongs to. :( Is it a bug of 3.7B??? I would really appreciate it if you could help me.

Comments

• Options
    giulio.cipogiulio.cipo Member Posts: 77
    Maybe you are working with different location, in this case when you click on the assiste edit the sistem don't show nothing.
    Normally when you purchase you have to write the lot no when you sell you have to choose from the lot that are avaible.
    Giuliano
  • Options
    That's what i thought but i am inserting the correct location and everything. Still the Lot No. does not appear but if i write it manualy Navision excepts it, and completes the sale. So, definately the location is not the issue. There must be something else but i just can't figure out what it is.
    Note: i have tried it in Cronus with Navision 4.0 and it works so there are two options: 1) It might be a bug of Navision 3.7B or 2) i just didn't set my Item Tracking correctly :-k ...
    Thank you for your respond.
  • Options
    ArhontisArhontis Member Posts: 667
    Hi,

The last time I saw something like this, it was a date problem...

Maybe your sales order date is prior to your purchase and cannot find the entries in the given time range.

Do you have reservations? (auto/manual reserve) on your item card?

And if you have, the how much quantity does the sales line have reserved, and from what? (item ledger entry or purchase order?)
  • Options
    giulio.cipogiulio.cipo Member Posts: 77
    when you click on assist button the sistem read all item ledger entry open and all reservetion entry ( for purchase or positive adjustment that you haven't post yet).
    So i suggest to check the table with filter and try to insert manually the filter that sistem insert

the function that do this work are in codeunit 6500 and the filter applied are

ItemLedgEntry.SETRANGE("Item No.",TrackingSpecification."Item No.");
    ItemLedgEntry.SETRANGE("Variant Code",TrackingSpecification."Variant Code");
    ItemLedgEntry.SETRANGE(Open,TRUE);
    ItemLedgEntry.SETRANGE("Location Code",TrackingSpecification."Location Code");

for item ledger entry and

ReservEntry.SETRANGE("Reservation Status",
    ReservEntry."Reservation Status"::Reservation,ReservEntry."Reservation Status"::Surplus);
    ReservEntry.SETRANGE("Item No.",TrackingSpecification."Item No.");
    ReservEntry.SETRANGE("Variant Code",TrackingSpecification."Variant Code");
    ReservEntry.SETRANGE("Location Code",TrackingSpecification."Location Code");

For reservation entry
  • Options
    Hi guys, I would like to thank all of you for your responses. Unfortunately my problem remains the same :( . I have no reservation entries assigned on my item. I am creating new item, preparing the Purchase Invoice (My Lot has expiration date - I don't know if there is something to do with the expiration dates) and i am assigning a Lot number to my item. After that i am preparing my sales document with the correct dates etc. and when i am trying to assign my item to the correct Lot No. the screen comes out blank. So, to be able to finish with my sale document i am inserting the numbering manualy which is not the right way. I really don't know what to do :( I am running out of ideas.
  • Options
    ArhontisArhontis Member Posts: 667
    Hi,

Have you posted the Purchase order (Receive)?

If yes, then go to your sales line and try to make a manual reservation by Functions-> Reserve...

Does the list show you "Item Ledger Entry" with the received quantity?
  • Options
    Hey guys, I found the problem. It's a bug that the system has. The only way for the Lot No. to appear is only if I insert a check mark on the Lot Warehouse Tracking field on the Item Tracking Code card. Still this does not solve my problem regarding my customer. :( Thanks for all your help....