Weird error

rhpntrhpnt Member Posts: 688
Recently I wanted to import a table into a MS SQL db and the attached error came up. I thought it was something with the .fob file... Then I made the modification (added one field) on the table (add on table 50000+) in the target db directly. The object compiled but when I wanted to save the damn thing the error came up again!? There are two developer db's where this object was compiled and saved with no problems but when imported into the production db... (NAV5 SP1 - MS SQL 2005). The german part of the message says: "Incorrect cursor state"

Appreciate any ideas.

Answers

• rhpntrhpnt Member Posts: 688
    Hmm...did search the forum but didn't see this one. Although none of the issues match with my situation it seems there's plenty of room for other...

Thanks.
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Try to use latest hotfix for NAV 5 SP1. There are some cursor problems solved in the hotfixes.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    I looked at the table in question in detail and the primary key field has the "SQL Data Type" property set to Variant. In addition it has a table relation set with a condition which when the condition is not met, points to the table itself. So, at this point I find it redundant to express my "feelings" about the person who created that masterpiece of table object because the settings make no sense at all or better said are unnecessary.
    What strikes me most is the fact that in the developer and test db this table makes no problems it is only the production db where this table seems to fail. It can be compiled and it works if used in runtime, only in design mode it fails. :-k

Anyway, I have to catch a good day to be in the right mood to tamper around in the production db...

I'll keep you posted. Thanks.
    Last standings:

I waited until the IT guys made a SQL Server upgrade from 2005 sp? to 2008 R2 - and guess what? The error disappeared...
  • jglathejglathe Member Posts: 639
    Patience pays off... ;) I have a VSIFTIDX- problem on SQL2005 which isn't there on 2008R2... Go figure.

with best regards

Jens

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=52.525168,13.378466