Options

Invisible AssistEdit

Rob_HansenRob_Hansen Member Posts: 296
edited 2011-11-28 in NAV Three Tier
Has anyone encountered an issue where the AssistEdit button is invisible beside a field? I have a field on a Card type page with AssistEdit = Yes and code OnAssistEdit, but there is no AssistEdit button beside the field. It actually IS there (you can mouseover it and get the tooltip, and you can click it) but it's invisible. Has anyone else had this problem?

Comments

• Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    rdhansen wrote:
    Has anyone encountered an issue where the AssistEdit button is invisible beside a field? I have a field on a Card type page with AssistEdit = Yes and code OnAssistEdit, but there is no AssistEdit button beside the field. It actually IS there (you can mouseover it and get the tooltip, and you can click it) but it's invisible. Has anyone else had this problem?

There is a property to set this, autohide or alwaysvisible or something like that.
    David Singleton
  • Options
    I'm having trouble finding a property for that...I checked at both the table and page levels. :(
  • Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    rdhansen wrote:
    I'm having trouble finding a property for that...I checked at both the table and page levels. :(

:oops: sorry I didn't realize this was in the Three Tier Forum, I was referring to Classic.
    David Singleton
  • Options
    Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    If there is code in the OnAssistEdit trigger, the property can be left default. Have you tried that?
  • Options
    AndwianAndwian Member Posts: 627
    Is there any code of "control.visible(false)"?

Maybe you could paste the screenshot.
    Regards,
    Andwian
  • Options
    vijay_gvijay_g Member Posts: 884
    Andwian wrote:
    Is there any code of "control.visible(false)"?
    i didn't get it. is the assistedit button has seperate reference accept in which text box it's being appear?
  • Options
    Here's a screenshot. I have code OnAssistEdit for the "Task Code" field. There is no code to change the visibility of this field dynamically. I have tried setting the AssistEdit property to the default setting as well as "Yes", but both behave the same way. You can tell the AssistEdit button is there as the tooltip is showing where my mousepointer is (and I can click it) but it's invisible. I expect I'll need to submit this to microsoft, but let me know if any of you have seen this before.
  • Options
  • Options
    Card.
  • Options
    Usually a card displays the caption in green between the actions and fasttabs.

I would have to reverse engineer the entire object to see what goes wrong. Its difficult to tell with the information we have now.
  • Options
    What about in the form in the classic client?
    Is it also invisible?
    Regards,
    Andwian
  • Options
    There is no form. This is custom development for the RTC only.
  • Options
    vijay_gvijay_g Member Posts: 884
    ohhh :).
    We always suppose that every page is begin used in RTC should have reference to any form(you are converting page from form) so why didn't you made form unless you need to set all assist property in page.
  • Options
    This is an extensive add-on for the RTC...it's not being upgraded from classic objects. We directly create RTC pages. We don't create forms and then upgrade them...that's an inefficient process in my opinion (for people who are continuing to avoid learning the RTC natively).
  • Options
    daborgdaborg Member Posts: 54
    rdhansen wrote:
    ...We directly create RTC pages. We don't create forms and then upgrade them...that's an inefficient process in my opinion (for people who are continuing to avoid learning the RTC natively).

Sorry I can't answer what is wrong with your page, but I'm happy to hear I'm not the only one that has this point of view. We stopped Classic development a couple months ago on our product and it's forced us to think RTC right from the design stage now. Good stuff!!!! =D>
  • Options
    Well, like it or not, it's the direction NAV is going so everyone needs to get on board. The fact is, you do have to think about how to approach some things differently using pages. Once you get your mindset adjusted, life is fine. Sure there are some limitations that I wish we had more flexibility to control, but honestly I enjoy creating pages now more than classic forms. It's actually been probably a year now since I've even created a classic client form (we do still support some clients on classic, but the ones I handle are not doing much new development at this point).

Still, the flukey stuff like this invisible AssistEdit does bug me... :)
  • Options
    Sounds good.

Anyway, just for a workaround :idea: :
    Try create a classic form, and then transform it into pages, and see how it goes.
    Check the differences between them :wink:

I think that would be better, than have to stay at nowhere waiting for bugfixes.
    I like your idealism for pages, but sometimes we have to "give up" a little bit, just to achieve the same goal, just for a temporary moment. :mrgreen: :-#
    Regards,
    Andwian