Open selected record from list form to card form

ernesternest Member Posts: 162
Hi all

I have created a new table in Navision 5.0 to register some information which later I am going to attach to a specific line in invoice.
I have created two forms on this table a card form and a tabular form.

I have created a menu button on the card form, to call the tabular for with all the records in the database.

Now i want to accomplish this, when I am on the tabular form, after I select a specific record, I want to display this record on the card form.
When I double click or press the OK button on the tabular form, with RunObject I am being able to call the card form, but the card form is always displaying the same record and not the record selected in the tabular form.

Please help me to solve this issue?

Thank you and best regards

Comments

• matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    Have you looked at how every card / list form in the system work? They're all the same. Start with the customer or vendor card / list and look at the properties on the menu items.
  • ernesternest Member Posts: 162
    I know this, I was trying to take example of the item card/list but didn't find it.

If you could tell me how to solve this issue it would be great.

Ernest
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    You must not have looked too closely. Open the item card, look at the List menu item on the button. You'll see it's not RunObject, but LookupTable. This is all explained in the development material. Not to discourage you from asking questions, but read up on it. It'll explain a lot of the basics like this.
  • kabrocokabroco Member Posts: 111
    Open the C/Side/Reference guide en search for runformlink ???
    :whistle:
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    kabroco wrote:
    Open the C/Side/Reference guide en search for runformlink ???
    :whistle:
    Also available online \:D/
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd301468.aspx
    Hi matttrax

when I put LookupTable, the form it is not opening at all.
    That's why i posted the question.

Regards
    Ernest
  • KYDutchieKYDutchie Member Posts: 345
    Ernest,

have you set your LookupFormID? Have you set your table relations correctly?
    You will have to set the table relation on the field in your table where your field is a foreign key and then set the lookupformID on the table where your field is part of the primary key.

You have to cover the basics before you'll be able to do it. It is all explained in the Application Designer Guide.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Willy
    Fostering a homeless, abused child is the hardest yet most rewarding thing I have ever done.
    Thanks I solved it.

Thanks again KYDutchie.

Regards