Options

Report wont Preview!

nvermanverma Member Posts: 396
edited 2011-11-23 in NAV Three Tier
There is a pre-made reports that were imported from Navision 2.6 to NAV 5. They need to be compiled based on the objects available in NAV 5 right now. Most of the problems I encountered with this report was to make sure that the record variables are correct and that the fields on some of the records are correct and the automation variables may return a Subtype of “Unknown Automation Server”.

I was able to fix all these errors. Now I am even able to compile the report. However, when I run the report. Nothing shows up (The report is not being filtered, just in case someone was wondering. Please look at the link below to see what I mean) . To figure out what the problem is, I went through the C/AL code of the report and a huge chunk of the code is commented out. So when I uncomment it, I get an error saying a variable is not declared in Global variable. I am not really sure how to fix this error/what the variable is suppose to be named in NAV 5.

Any suggestions how to fix this, so I can get the report to preview?

http://screencast.com/t/WAyqU8uz

Comments

• Options
    matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    I'm not sure what you're look for here. This has nothing to do with the preview feature of reports. Your report won't print either. It has to do with upgrading. The report doesn't show anything because there isn't any data to show. Plain and simple.

There were numerous functional changes between 2.6 and 5.0. If you were just hoping to import the custom reports into the new database with new table structures and have them work then I'm afraid that's not going to happen. Part of the upgrade process, especially from a version that old, is to analyze the changes and analyze the custom objects to see how they need to be changed. That will be different for every report.
  • Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    nverma, how long have you been a developer in Navision? Is this your first project?
    David Singleton
  • Options
    AndwianAndwian Member Posts: 627
    nverma wrote:
    There is a pre-made reports that were imported from Navision 2.6 to NAV 5.
    Hence, let's assume that those reports are standard, and are available in the 5 version.
    Regards,
    Andwian