Where-used functionality with only Solution builder

mark_aumark_au Member Posts: 40
Hi experts :)

I've recently moved from Partner -> Customer land, and as an ex-developer am really missing the NDT Where-used functionality. I've had a bit of a look around for a free alternative but have had no luck.

Can anyone point me in the direction of something, or am I going to have to pay for the module or something like Object Manager Advanced?

Thanks!

Comments

• DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    We're all in the same boat, as MSFT has officially dropped the DTK.

The Mergetool has some object analysis capabilities (www.mergetool.com). I don't know what it would cost for a customer, or if there are any prerequisites.
  • mark_aumark_au Member Posts: 40
    DenSter wrote:
    We're all in the same boat, as MSFT has officially dropped the DTK.

The Mergetool has some object analysis capabilities (http://www.mergetool.com). I don't know what it would cost for a customer, or if there are any prerequisites.

Ahh tis a shame! Looks like the Mergetool costs nearly as much from what I can see of the price list anyway. Guess I'll have to weigh up how badly i miss the where used functionality VS how much it'll cost to have :-k

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    I am using Navision Object Text Explorer.
    It is far from perfect, but most of the time, it server my purpose.

And a trick I sometimes use:
    If I search for a name (function,field) that is used a lot, I first rename it to "XYZKRIKI". Then export everything as text and search for XYZKRIKI and I find it.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!