Strange form focus behaviour

helmhelm Member Posts: 46
Hi everybody

We have a customer who is experiencing a strange behavior since we made i technical upgrade from Nav 4 SP3 to Nav 2009 R2. They are sending out Purchase orders by email from the Purchase Order form. When you choose to send an email an intermediate form opens up where you can control the email address (and also choose if you want to send email or fax). When the email is sent the intermediate form closes. Now if you had another form open beside the Purchase Order, that form gets focus instead of the PO. And this started after the technical upgrade. Does anybody have an idea why this happens?

Thanks in advance

Answers

• KYDutchieKYDutchie Member Posts: 345
    Hi,

it sounds like your using Altus for this functionality.
    I believe we've encountered a similar issue, check if the form where you select your email address is called with form.run.
    If so, change it to form.runmodal. I believe that was the fix to our issue. But make sure you clear your form variable before and after running it modally.

Hope this helps,

Willy
    Fostering a homeless, abused child is the hardest yet most rewarding thing I have ever done.
  • helmhelm Member Posts: 46
    Hi

Thanks for your answer. No we are not using Altus, we are using ExpandIT MailIt. I noticed a few days ago that that the problem was in the running of the form. But I have not changed it to runmodal. I saw that there was no setrecfilter before the form was run (we didn't originally build this). When I added that, the problem disappeared. But thanks anyway. I should have marked this as solved when I found the solution.