Options

Common Dialog

ALyczkowskiALyczkowski Member Posts: 33
I know thHat i have done this in the past, but cannot seem to get this working in 3.70. Basically i am trying toi set up an edit assist button that will open up windows explorer.

In the Past (2.60) I used MS Common Dialog as a custom Control. Now when i add thi to my Form, I get the following error:

The OLE control or Automation Server identified by 'Microsoft Common Dialog 6.0 (SP3)'.CommonDialog requires a desing time license. This License cannot be obtained.

I know that i am in over my head, but am surpised that this has worked in the Past. Can Anyone guide me to where i can get this license for this project?

Comments

• Options
    rdwyerrdwyer Member Posts: 10
    I just ran this through support. MS' response:

In order to use the CommonDialog OCX you will need to have VisualStudio or VB 6.0 installed as this will give you the Design Time license. Installing Visual Studio .NET may not be sufficient as unless the VB6 controls are on the computer before Visual Studio .NET is installed, the design-license is not installed on the system. If you have Visual Studio 6.0 and then install Visual Studio .NET you should be fine.

The error can also occur if the comdlg32.ocx has not been correctly registered, so re-registering the ocx or re-installing Navision may also fix the problem.
  • Options
    giulio.cipogiulio.cipo Member Posts: 77
    if you use the standard codeunit for Common dilaog, the object is already created so you shouldn't have problem.
    The codeunit is 412 and it return a textfile of 260 caracter
    Gulio
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    There is file vb6controls.reg on Visual studio installation CD. If you import it into your registry, you will have the design licence for the control... \:D/
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    facadefacade Member Posts: 57
    You have probably forgotten - you must use ocx instead of dll.
  • Options
    ALyczkowskiALyczkowski Member Posts: 33
    I just want to say Thanks!!! to everyone who chaimed in on this. I will try the Codeunit 412 to start. If no. i will look into installing VB6.0

Again Thank-yopu for Your Help Everyone!!!! :D
  • Options
    facadefacade Member Posts: 57
    So I see you didn't read my post :roll: