Amount In words -RTC(R2).?

krithikakrithika Member Posts: 56
A Classic report has been developed where is also shows amount in Words,it shows well at Classic Client(R2).But how to do the same in RTC(R2). ](*,) .All other details are displayed correctly except Amount in Words in RTC(R2). ](*,) .Unable to get clear idea from Check report and others #-o

Comments

• mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,504
    what did you try and what problem you are facing?

Did you check report 13723 and 13724?
  • krithikakrithika Member Posts: 56
    Unable to get amount in words in RTC as it is shown in Classic client,should i change any property or wht should be the changes i have to do,tat amount in words shows only balnk space.I have developed the report in NAV (world wide R2) version.
    it is similar to classic client only..make sure that you have added in correct section in visual studio..
    you can check dataset results in about this report..

I hope you have not written code in sections :-k
    It has been kept in the footer section(body footer and not in page footer) of VS as kept in classic only,but code has been written in sections in order to display in classic report? :( but how to do having in sections too in RTC(I too know section codings dont work in RTC) :( :?
    You need to move the code in sections to appropriate section like onaftergetrecord and use
    If ISSERVICETIER THEN BEGIn
    // your code here
    END;

Thanks Mohana for help wrote codings for ISSERVICETIER solved the issue :whistle: but now the second issue is how to get tat amount in words for the total amt.i e i have set of unit price and its total shld be diaplayed in words,but now i am getting amt in words either for the first unit price value or for the last and not for the Totals.Shld i declare any variables or how to proceed accordingly #-o :!:
    Yes, you can use a variable to calculate the sum and use that variable to convert to words..
    Ya,i have declared variables and done it ,as usual it dispalys well at Classic Client,but in RTC it shows the text amt either for the first value or the last value { eg.=Last(Fields!NumberText_1____NumberText_2_.Value) } but how to show for the particular total value. :?
    I mean to say declare a decimal variable and keep on add it with amount field..

totalamount := totalamount + Amount;

and pass totalamount variable to function which converts to words..

Can you show your dataset result from about this report?
    With out declaring a variable i have got the Total for the Amt field by setting it in property at Classic Client,hence i passed
    tat amt variable in Conversion function,which displayed correctly at CC[ FormatNoText(NumberText,ABS(Amount),'');].

Called the same function at Onafter getrecord for ISSERVICE Tier.But the conversion FormatNoText(NumberText,ABS(Amount),''); is not showing proper result at RTC.

=First(Fields!NumberText_1____NumberText_2_.Value) is the value for Conversion at VS.This shows the amt in words
    for the first value of the amt ie =Fields!Purchase_Line_Amount.Value,but the issue is amt in words should be displayed for
    =Sum(Fields!Purchase_Line_Amount.Value) - this is the value assigned for Total field at VS. ](*,) :?
    This is the Data set:
    <DesignColumnRef Name="Amount_Caption" />
    <DesignColumnRef Name="NumberText_1____NumberText_2_" /> - { where the amt in words displayed.}
    <DesignColumnRef Name="Order_Date__Caption" />
    <DesignColumnRef Name="Order_No__Caption" />
    <DesignColumnRef Name="Purchase_Line___No__" />
    <DesignColumnRef Name="Purchase_Line__Description_Control63" />
    <DesignColumnRef Name="Purchase_Line__Quantity" />
    <DesignColumnRef Name="Purchase_Line__QuantityFormat" />
    <DesignColumnRef Name="Purchase_Line__Unit_of_Measure_" />
    <DesignColumnRef Name="Purchase_Line_Amount" />
    <DesignColumnRef Name="Purchase_Line_Amount_Control1000000010Format" />
    <DesignColumnRef Name="Purchase_Line_Amount_Control1000000051Format" />
    <DesignColumnRef Name="Purchase_Line_AmountFormat" />

First(Fields!Total_AmountCaption.Value) - Displays the total amt . The amt displayed here has to be in words.
    rather the output for "NumberText_1____NumberText_2_" is the amt of first order or Qty. #-o
    You can find dataset result in about this report..

please search the forum...