Is it possible to integrate terminal Services with NAV?

chandrurecchandrurec Member Posts: 560
Hi all,

I want to know whether the terminal services can be integrated with navision. if yes, can anyone tell me the steps needed to configure termianl services with Navision.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Chandru.

Comments

• Mike_HWGMike_HWG Member Posts: 104
    Can you be more clear in what you hope to achieve?

If you are talking about using Remote Desktop... there's nothing really to configure. Install the NAV client on your terminal server.

If you are talking about opening a terminal window, such as Hyperterminal, you will need to read about how to set up the Navision Application Server, then explore how to create an interface using miniforms. Try exploring topics on the following topics: ADCS, miniforms, Navision Application Server.
    Michael Hollinger
    Systems Analyst
    NAV 2009 R2 (6.00.34463)
  • chandrurecchandrurec Member Posts: 560
    Hi Mike_HWG,

I want to run the Navision Client in remote desktop without installing the client in the reomote system.Can you guide me what way suits for the above requirement.

Thanks & Regards,
    chandru.
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    chandrurec wrote:
    I want to run the Navision Client in remote desktop without installing the client in the reomote system.Can you guide me what way suits for the above requirement.

What are you planning to do? Just think a little.....
    If the client is not installed in the remote system i.e. host (I assume remote system is terminal server where the users are logged in using terminal services) then where are you planning to install NAV. If its in client system then the traditional approach will do (Client - Database 2 Tier Setup).
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in