Manufacturing and Location with Bins

JosepGorinaJosepGorina Member Posts: 2
I found that when you have a location with "Bin Mandatory" = true, when you try to decrease stock of a product in the "Consumption Journal", if you try to us a Unit of Measure which is different from the base one, it shows an error message that says "The bin content does not exist. Identification fields and values [..] Unit of measure code = 'GR' [..]". (where de base unit of measure is KG, and the unit of measure in the journal line is GR).

Has anyone found something similar???, I need to use GR in the journal, because tehy consume low qty of product, but they buyloads of it (so they buy it in KG).

Is it an error??, or just "Navision works that way", and i'll have to customize this functionality??

Thanks in advance,

Josep Gorina

Comments

• Joe_MathisJoe_Mathis Member Posts: 173
    Hi,

We have had weird problems with Bin Codes too.

It sounds to me like you have the base unit set too high.

On the item card the base unit of measure should be the lower unit such as "Gr", and then the purchase unit of measure should be in "KG".

If it's too late to change it, you can also try to set the "Gr" as .001 for the "Quantity Unit of Measure" in the quantity unit of measure table.
    That way the quantity would be available because the "Gr" would pull as a portion of the "KG".
    I seem to remember doing it that way in the past and it worked.

Good Luck.
  • Jay2007Jay2007 Member Posts: 50
    Hi there,

I'm having exactly the same problem here in Navison 5.0 and I am trying to set items up with a Base Unit of Measure = Grams with Qty. per Unit of Measure = 0.001 but the system will not let me.

It insists that the Base Unit of Measure for an Item must have a Qty. per Unit of Measure = 1.

Has anyone else had this problem and is there a way around it?

Jay
  • Jay2007Jay2007 Member Posts: 50
    Hi there,

I have discussed this option with the customer and it will not suit as they wish to store the components in KG also.

Does anyone know if I could use an Item Reclass Journal somehow to move a quantity from a location and bin to the same location and bin but a different Unit of Measure code and then consume from this bin instead?

Thanks in advance,

Jay