Unable to post Credit Memo

jmagnojmagno Member Posts: 15
Dears,

We have a user where who have posted several purchase orders with a wrong additional cost, then have advised them to use the credit memo to correct it. However since it's already old purchase invoice and it has already sold qty applied it, they can't post the credit memo. Could you please advice what the best way to resolve this issue.

Thanks and Best Regards
Joel

Comments

• GRIZZLYGRIZZLY Member Posts: 127
    I suggest you to use Item Charges.
    You could post Purchase Order (or Purchase Invoice) with Item Charges line, Amount should be equal to the amount, by which the cost of item has to be adjusted.
    Then you could assign this charges to the Purchase Receipt, by which items where received.
    After posting the system creates an entry for the adjusted cost and applies to the original Item Ledger Entry.
    After that start Adjust Cost batch job to readjust the negative entries in Item Ledger.
    Sincerely yours, GRIZZLY
    Follow my blog at http://x-dynamics.blogspot.com
  • jmagnojmagno Member Posts: 15
    Thanks GRIZZLY for the reply, yes it work as the way you have advised through "Return Order" and applying the Item Charge Assignment. Although not to mentioned that we have applied and solved the case at the same day before reading your reply, I just read your reply today.

Many Thanks
    Jmagno