Ship without invoice in Sales Order

narinari Member Posts: 16
hi everyone

i wanna know whether i can post just ship without invoice.

because in my client, they send sample of their goods to customer and then sell goods.thus they dont make any invoices to customer in sample sales.
however, i dont know how to post ship without invoice.

Also they dont want to make posted invoice(such as posted invoice amount is 0)

thank you for watching.

Answers

• mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,504
    yes, Create order from Sales order form and select only Ship while posting..
  • narinari Member Posts: 16

yes i know. but the entry is still remain and g/l account would not change.
    so what exactl i want to do is when you post ship, posted to g/l account but there is no remain entry.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    nari wrote:

so what exactl i want to do is when you post ship, posted to g/l account but there is no remain entry.

Nari is correct. Mohana, you just can't do it the way you are recommending, it will make a complete mess of the system.

Nari the correct solution is (as you already pointed out) creating a zero invoice. The way to do this is to create a new customer called "Sample customer". On the order set Sell to as the actual customer, and bill to as the sample customer, and post a zero price invoice.
    David Singleton
  • mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,504
    nari wrote:

Nari is correct. Mohana, you just can't do it the way you are recommending, it will make a complete mess of the system.

Agreed..misunderstood the question before..sorry [-o<
  • narinari Member Posts: 16
    nari wrote:

Nari the correct solution is (as you already pointed out) creating a zero invoice. The way to do this is to create a new customer called "Sample customer". On the order set Sell to as the actual customer, and bill to as the sample customer, and post a zero price invoice.

that is a great idea! that will fulfill my client's requirement!
    thank you David =D>

Also thank you for a help, Mohana :)
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Great that you have a solution. :thumbsup:
    David Singleton