Transfer Status not Updated

fahdfahd Member Posts: 226
Dear Experts,

In LS Retail, I noticed some transfers made from store to HO.

Although, They have been received and posted in HO, but their status is not updating. That's why the items contained in that transfer

it is still showing the Qty in INTRANSIT in store database as well as in HO database.

If i go to Instore Management>Periodic Activities>Instore Document. The status shows as follow.

Instance

Dist. Location
S0009

Status Code
SHIP

Even i tried to modify manually Instansce as 2, Next Dist Location as s0009, Status as "RECEIVE".

But still it's showing problem.

My question is that why the status of the transfer is still the same even though it's been already received and posted in HO

If i click on Process Document in Instore Management, it shows error "Transfer No. '' does not exist''.

Please look into this matter.

Regards,
Fahad

Comments

• sudhakarsvsudhakarsv Member Posts: 100
    If i click on Process Document in Instore Management, it shows error "Transfer No. '' does not exist''.

From the error it is understood that transfer order has been shiped and received. So you can change the status to close for the document manually.
    My question is that why the status of the transfer is still the same even though it's been already received and posted in HO

instore doucment status will not update properly in two cases
    1.If the document replicated twice to store/ho end.
    2.In case of documents locking.

This can be manually rectified by checking the posted documents against the TO/PO.
    Regards,
    S.V.Sudhakar
  • fahdfahd Member Posts: 226
    Dear Mr. Sudhakar,

Thanks alot for the reply. Ok i can change the transfer status manually.

But what about the items which are still showing in INTRANSIT Location in STORE DATABASE.they should be removed from intransit of Store Location since they are posted in HO already.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    fahd wrote:
    Dear Mr. Sudhakar,

Thanks alot for the reply. Ok i can change the transfer status manually.

But what about the items which are still showing in INTRANSIT Location in STORE DATABASE.they should be removed from intransit of Store Location since they are posted in HO already.

I have seen the same issue in LS Retail. There seems to be a COMMIT that is wrongly located in code. This means that a transfer begins, some error occurs and only part of the transaction is completed.

The only solution is to deduce exactly what happened by manually reviewing all the transactions. Often you will need to restore a recent backup to figure out what happened, but most times the data is pretty obvious. Then you will need to fix this in the backend.

Unfortunately I can not reproduce the bug, so its not reportable. But for sure it happens.
    David Singleton