Strange Problem in FORM

-matrix--matrix- Member Posts: 103
Hi Everybody,

I've Strange Problem with Custom Form Type Card.
In the Table are stored Six Record but I Can't go to Next Record from the card that seems Blocked when I Try to slide the records.
There aren't Filters.
Do you know why don't work?
Thanks

Answers

• FSmeetsFSmeets Member Posts: 37
    You are already at the last record :)
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    Maybe you have some code in the OnFindNext- or OnNextRecord-triggers of your form. Even an extra blank line is too much!
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• -matrix--matrix- Member Posts: 103
    @Fsmeets : I'm Not on the Last Record, I'm on The First.

@krikri : Yes, I have a code OnNextRecord Trigger but It's only a Function that
    manage my fields with property EDITABLE = FALSE.
  • navuser1navuser1 Member Posts: 1,329
    -matrix- wrote:
    @Fsmeets : I'm Not on the Last Record, I'm on The First.

@krikri : Yes, I have a code OnNextRecord Trigger but It's only a Function that
    manage my fields with property EDITABLE = FALSE.

How many records are you seeing in the List from ?
    Now or Never
  • thmartinthmartin Member Posts: 90
    "Even an extra blank line is too much!" No but... :D Try the OnAftergetRecord trigger to put your function call in.
    Thomas Martin
    NAV Developer
  • Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    Yes, whatever you put in the OnNextRecord trigger overwrites the standard behaviour.
  • -matrix--matrix- Member Posts: 103
    Thanks Everybody I Move the code From onNextRecord Trigger to OnAfterGetCurrentRecord and works!
    It's Very Interesting bug.
    Hi :D
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    It's not a bug, although it could be explained more clearly. From the NAV Help:
    "This trigger is executed in place of the default next record behavior.", meaning if there is anything, a comment, a blank line, or actual code in that trigger the default behavior will be overridden. There are quite a few triggers like this actually (OnLookup for example)
  • Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    Its not a bug, it's by design.

The OnNextRecord trigger allows you to manipulate the standard behaviour. To do this, they need to turn of this standard behaviour first, and how can it know if what you put in it is correct.