Display No. from Sales Invoice Header on a report

liizzliizz Member Posts: 125
Hi all,

I have created a menu button 'Print Report' on the Posted Invoices Form which generates a report on the Posted Invoices Form.

I am having an issue on this part:
On push of the menu button created, I want to get the No. from the Sales Invoice Header table and display it on the report.

Please help...

Thanks
Liizz

Comments

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Isn't there a Print button there already that prints out the Invoice Report.

So I'm guessing you have created a new report you would like to run just like the posting invoice report.

And when you click print "new" report - you want the Invoice # to automatically populate in the request form just like the postind invoice does. So then why just not follow how that report is done and copy the code? Can you edit the code behind the button? Have you searched the forum for "Report Runmodal"?
  • liizzliizz Member Posts: 125
    Thanks for ur reply.

Yes we have one on the print button.

But we want another report with a different id that will be generated from that new menu button I have created.
    But should I create a replica of codeunit 82.

Kindly advise.

Thanks
    Liizz
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    CU82 is Sales-Post + Print.

Now, if you have this button in the posted invoice section - then they are already posted.
    So you don't need a CodeUnit. Can you get to the code behind the button?

If the answer is NO, then you will need to get your nav partner to do this mod for you, else
    you will have to manually enter the Invoice No.

If you can get to the code and you want to do this yourself without your nav partner then search the forum for
    "Report & pass parameters run" for examples. The forum has 1000's of questions & answers.

search.php

Also check this.
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd301477.aspx (run)
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd301435.aspx (runmodal)