Options

Default Active Control On Page

Jonathan2708Jonathan2708 Member Posts: 552
edited 2011-11-15 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,

In classic forms there is the ActiveControlOnOpen property to specify which control has focus when the form opens. This has disappeared with the Page object, and there doesn't appear to be a CurrPage.Control.ACTIVATE method either. Does anybody know how to achieve the same thing with the Page object? I've tried setting the ID of the control to 1 but didn't have any effect. I think it must be possible because in standard pages such as the sales invoice the default control is 'No.'. In my page the action pane has the focus when the page is opened and you have to tab to get to the first control. It's a high volume data entry page so the keystrokes need to be reduced as much as possible.

Any help appreciated,

Jonathan

Comments

• Options
    mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,503
    May be this is because No. is primary key? :-k

Did you show your primary key field on page?
  • Options
    Troubles_In_ParadiseTroubles_In_Paradise Member Posts: 588
    Hi,

In classic forms there is the ActiveControlOnOpen property to specify which control has focus when the form opens. This has disappeared with the Page object, and there doesn't appear to be a CurrPage.Control.ACTIVATE method either. Does anybody know how to achieve the same thing with the Page object? I've tried setting the ID of the control to 1 but didn't have any effect. I think it must be possible because in standard pages such as the sales invoice the default control is 'No.'. In my page the action pane has the focus when the page is opened and you have to tab to get to the first control. It's a high volume data entry page so the keystrokes need to be reduced as much as possible.

Any help appreciated,

Jonathan

Time ago I faced a similar issue:
    viewtopic.php?f=32&t=48957&hilit=+focus
    ~Rik~
    It works as expected... More or Less...