User Name Change - Keeps getting locked out

ReinhardReinhard Member Posts: 249
Hello,

I have a user who changed her last name.
IT changed her Active Directory account name and properties, but the SID remained the same.

So she was locked out of Nav. I deleted her login in Nav, and SQL management. Then I created a new login for her.

It works, but strangely enough, a few days later, she is locked out again. It's happened twice now over the last week or so.

Is it SQL? Is it Nav? Any suggestions?
- Reinhard

RTC 6.2

Answers

• ReinhardReinhard Member Posts: 249
    Update/bump

This continued to be a problem. Eventually she was able to log in, but Nav continued to show her old username.

If she logged in from a different work station, things worked fine.

Then, one January 1st, finally Nav/Windows was able to resolve the problem...

No one else has had this problem? What do you do when a user changes their name? Does the "New Years resulution" offer any hints...?

- Reinhard

edit: this should probably be under three-tier
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Sounds like it could be a BDC issue.

By the way I have seen the same in classic client. Generally I completely delete the user in Navision, then rename on the Primary domain, make sure it has propagated to the Backup, then create the user new in Navision.
    David Singleton
  • ReinhardReinhard Member Posts: 249
    Hi David,
    Thank you I'll be looking into it.

Maybe (hopefully) it helped to do a rename in SQL manager, rather than delete and add the user like I was doing. Next time I get this problem that will be one of my tests - see if the user has the same problem in classic client or not.

- Reinhard