technical upgrade from native 3.70b to native NAV 5.01

VertexxVertexx Member Posts: 3
Hello Mibuso-community,

i want to upgrade our native database technical from Navision 3.70b to NAV 5.01 (native).
Are there any knows problems with this upgrade? For example with the user-rights?
Or is it as simple as it sounds? Open database with new client, click convert, re-install the Navision database server. Done!

Thanks for your help.

Greetings
Vertexx

Comments

• David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Vertexx wrote:
    Hello Mibuso-community,

i want to upgrade our native database technical from Navision 3.70b to NAV 5.01 (native).
    Are there any knows problems with this upgrade? For example with the user-rights?
    Or is it as simple as it sounds? Open database with new client, click convert, re-install the Navision database server. Done!

Thanks for your help.

Greetings
    Vertexx

There were some issues going from 3.70 to 4.00 but I am pretty sure those were fixed in 5.00. Just be aware that there were a few functions changed or deprecated in 4.00 form 3.70, so compile all objects in a test DB in 5.00 and see if there are any errors.
    David Singleton
  • VertexxVertexx Member Posts: 3
    There were some issues going from 3.70 to 4.00 but I am pretty sure those were fixed in 5.00. Just be aware that there were a few functions changed or deprecated in 4.00 form 3.70, so compile all objects in a test DB in 5.00 and see if there are any errors.

Thanks for your reply David. I will check that. Is there anything else everyone?

Greetings
    Vertexx
  • max_hlmax_hl Member Posts: 13
    good luck ;-)