Inconsistency in GL

nazunazu Member Posts: 70
hi Experts,

I am getting the inconsistency error in one of our client database.
The error comes only when the foriegn currency is involved in the PO.i.e euro
We have given them a import functionality in PO where they import the line in PO fromthe csv file.
I have used the solution provided by mibuso by using a single instance codeunit & editing the codeunit no 12.I found there is a 1 rupee diff becuase of which the error is coming.

No structure is calcutled on teh PO.

Which setups to change to remove this error permannetly
GL setup settings are-
Inv. Rounding Precision (LCY)-1
Inv. Rounding Type (LCY)-nearest
Amount Decimal Places-2:2
Unit-Amount Decimal Places-2:5
Amount Rounding Precision-0.01
Unit-Amount Rounding Precision-0.00001
Appln. Rounding Precision-0

Currience setup for EURO
Invoice Rounding Precision-0.01
Invoice Rounding Type-nearest
Amount Rounding Precision-0.01
Unit-Amount Rounding Precision-0.00001
Amount Decimal Places-2:2
Unit-Amount Decimal Places-2
Appln. Rounding Precision-0
Currency Factor-0

I thought since the invoice rounding preciison in currency(as the error comes in forign currency specially when "euro" is involved) is 0.01 & gL setup teh invoice rounding is 1 i tried to change in currency setup still teh consistent error is coming.

Any ideas.Any help is much appreciated.

Comments

• nazunazu Member Posts: 70
    Any help?
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    What makes you think its a setup issue. There is probably a 99% chance that the error is in your code. Look at the code you wrote and start debugging there.
    David Singleton
  • nazunazu Member Posts: 70
    Thanks for the response David.

the reason I am thinking its a setup issue is because the project we had implemented is a plain vanilla implemenattion & no change has been done to the standard codeunits.

The error comes only when a foreign currency is being involved.
    If i change the Gl invoice rounding precision to 0.01 [in this client case the invocie rounding in GL is setup to 1 * & they dont want to change it] the invoice gets posted sucessfully in case of foreign curriences also.

There is no change made to teh code in codeunits.I am not able to figure it out.If you see the functional guy has setup euro -currency invoice rounding to 0.01.

I am not able to figure it out.Any light on this is apprecaited
  • Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    Maybe you have just ran into an unsupported setup in NAV that is not erroring out nicely.

Is the error also in a W1 database? Then you could issue a support call with Microsoft.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    nazu wrote:
    ...We have given them a import functionality in PO where they import the line in PO fromthe csv file. ...
    nazu wrote:
    ...the reason I am thinking its a setup issue is because the project we had implemented is a plain vanilla implemenattion...

Please make you mind up.

First you say you HAVE mdified the system, second you say you haven't. If you don't even know if you have made changes to the Navision implementation, how can you know if it is your code or base code that caused the error.

HINT can you duplicate the exact same error in a standard cronus database.

](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

And now my head hurts.
    David Singleton