Options

Get record in RTC List Page

PloegPloeg Member Posts: 70
edited 2011-11-10 in NAV Three Tier
Hi guru's,

I'm looking for a way to determine whether or not I selected a different record in a RTC List Page. So, for example, when I select Item X I would like to trigger some behaviour (popup with record details) and when I select Item Y I want to get the popup with that records details.

The popup functionality is just an example. With the popups it´s easy to determine the correctness of my code :-k

Could somebody tell me if this is possible in the RTC? I know of the OnTimer function in Forms, but as far as I know this can't be used in pages.

Ploeg

Comments

• Options
    eskayeskay Member Posts: 11
    Hi Ploeg,

why do you not use the infobox functionlity. Like Page 9089.

So you can get detailed information to every line of your list box.
  • Options
    matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    It was my experience that the triggers like OnAfterGetRecord did not fire when moving from record to record on RTC list pages. Presumably because it is not querying the database and nothing has been "gotten".

You can make a FactBox on the page, though, to show your information. It will update when you move from record to record.
  • Options
    PloegPloeg Member Posts: 70
    eskay wrote:
    Hi Ploeg,

why do you not use the infobox functionlity. Like Page 9089.

So you can get detailed information to every line of your list box.

Thank you for your reply Eskay. I think that my example was not so well chosen, I'm aware of the factboxes but that is not exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks for thinking with me :)

What I want is: the action-buttons at the top of the page to be enabled or disabled, depending on the details of the chosen record. The problem I'm facing now is that I'm unable to get record information of the selected row.