Active Server Pages

DarrenBezzantDarrenBezzant Member Posts: 13
edited 2001-06-28 in Navision Financials
Is there any examples of how to generate an active server page using Navision Data? Is there any shortcomings or workarounds that I should be aware of?

Darren Bezzant NCPS, NCSD
Central Software
Ludlow, NB, CANADA
dbz@nb.aibn.com
Darren Bezzant NCPS, NCSD
Bell Business Solutions
Calgary, NB, CANADA
darren.bezzant@bell.ca

Comments

• anolisanolis Member Posts: 16
    For generating Active Server Pages that communicate with the Navision Database, you can use C/ODBC or C/FRONT. I myself experimented with the C/FRONT-ocx, which worked good. Is your question about using the Navision Database in particular, or abaut generating ASP in general?

• GaryGary Member Posts: 3
    Have you tried using ASP with C/ODBC? I was not able to use it successfully, got all sorts of weird errors. From my experience, the C/ODBC driver does not seem to be fully ODBC compliant, it seems to be extremely volatile.
    As for using C/FRONT with ASP, how does that handle multiple users in the database? Say I have 10 users accessing my webpage at the same time, how does the OCX handle that? Are all 10 users using the same connection into the database?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by anolis:
    For generating Active Server Pages that communicate with the Navision Database, you can use C/ODBC or C/FRONT. I myself experimented with the C/FRONT-ocx, which worked good. Is your question about using the Navision Database in particular, or abaut generating ASP in general?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
  • anolisanolis Member Posts: 16
    Hmmm, beats me.
    I don't know how the OCX will handle multiple users.
    I can't find anything about that in the documentation, nor can I experiment with it.
    Most OCX's do not allow multiple instances, I presume this is the same with the C/Front-OCX.
    What kind of weird errors did you get from the C/ODBC driver?

• John_TegelaarJohn_Tegelaar Member Posts: 159
    Is using JSP (Java Server Pages) an option? If so, then consider using an JDBC-ODBC Bridge to connect to the database.

We have good experiences with the JOB made by EasySoft UK (www.easysoft.com - free demo). We used it for a customer to create a "WebShop Lite" ordering system, and -even more interesting- we are finalizing a large project for the world's largest company in Internet equipment (yes! that company!), providing a solution for their demo-depot warehouse. Handles the orderflow -send by an Oracle based ordering system-, creates orders, pick-lists, warehouse routing, keeps track of order-status, etc. etc. The connection between the Oracle system and Navision is over the EasySoft JOB.

One of the nice things of this piece of software is that it allows multiple connections at the Java side, while the ODBC side is a single connection.

John
  • redred Member Posts: 3
    John,
    Did you get easysoft to work with c/odbc?.

I get a "[Navision Software a/s][Navision Financials ODBC Driver]ISAM error" which I presume is either down to how I'm setting up the URL or how I've set-up the DSN can you help.