Navision restarts Automatically

MallyMally Member Posts: 128
I m using NAV 2009 R2 classic OS in Windows XP whenever I open Sales Order in Classic Navision restarts Automatically.Give me the solution

Comments

• mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,504
    I think nav is crashing and restarting..

Is it for one customer or all?

did you check event viewer for any info?
  • MallyMally Member Posts: 128
    we can't delete event viewer info and we have created 1 new form users which r using that r getting same problem
    I have deleted ZUP file reinstall Navision also
    I didnt ask you to delete event viewer data..

After crashing/restarting nav, check whether any new event created with some error.

It is clear that the created form has problem..
    Ya information regarding FINSQL has been created in Eventviewer
    Is it a error message?

what does it contains?
    Ya it is error message.It includes following Information:

The description for Event ID ( 1000 ) in Source ( Microsoft Dynamics NAV Classic ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: finsql.exe, 6.0.32012.0, 4d030bb8, finsql.exe, 6.0.32012.0, 4d030bb8, 0, 003b57bd. :idea:
  • rosenberglrosenbergl Member Posts: 37
    I've had issues with NAV 4.00 where openening a specific Sales Order would crash the NAV client. What I found was corrupt data was causing the crash. The fix for me was always to retype any comment lines in the sales line detail. My guess is that during order entry, someone keyed a CTRL or ALT key that NAV did not like.
    How do u know there is corrupted data?I have created 2 new Tables this error comes while doing any transaction on these two tables.I have test both tables, no error found means successfully tested.Is there any other process to know corrupted data.Please le me know.

Other thing is I have created some fields in both said tables of Datatype : "DateTime".I think this is creating corrupted Data.I think so but I m not confirm.Please let me know.
  • rosenberglrosenbergl Member Posts: 37
    I'm not certain how to recognize the bad data here. I do know that by manually retyping comment lines in sales order lines, I have resolved our issues.

I used to work with a different ERP system where on occassion we would have similar issues. I was able to write a program that read the data into a string and spit out the ASCII character for each character in the data. I was able to identify unintentionally entered characters (like print line feeds, carriage returns, etc.) that way.

I'm not sure that I am advanced enough to do that here yet, but it probably is possible.