Options

Certification of BOM very very slow

andy76andy76 Member Posts: 616
edited 2012-01-18 in Navision Attain
Hello,

we have a problem with BOM certification that is very slow (about 30 minutes each one).
On various your post on mibuso I read that you advice to unflag the field "Dynamic Low-Level Code" on Manufacturing Setup.
Doing that the certification is immediate.
I ask you if there are risks to unflag this field and negatives side effect.

What exactly this flag do?

Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    I read only help about this flag but do not understand too much.
    My question is what are the real consequences/differences between certification one or more BOM with or without this flag?

Thank you
  • Options
    cernstcernst Member Posts: 280
    If you unflag then you must manually run the function "Calculate low level code". This function sets the field low-level code in then item table. The Low-level Code is used when you run Planning- or Requisitionworksheet.
    If you unflag then you must manually run the function "Calculate low level code". This function sets the field low-level code in then item table. The Low-level Code is used when you run Planning- or Requisitionworksheet.
    I mean: with or without flag in phase of certification of BOM has different effects on BOM?
    If we unflag and certificate various BOMs and then reflag before running Planning or Requisitionworksheet are there differences respect to not remove the flag?
    Is it always necessary ro run manually Calculate low level code? When?

Thank you
  • Options
    If only Quantity Per in BOM are modified is that important that the flag was checked or nothing changes?

Thank you
  • Options
    Christian_RyttChristian_Rytt Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 7
    The short answer is no, if you only change qty. it shouldn't affect the low-level-code

The low-level-code is used to put all items in the correct order, to ensure that you end up with supply for all your demand. The planning engine starts with level 0 - the items no used by any other items (as components). Then moves to level 1 the items used by one or more level 0 item, then level 2 used by level 1 items, ...
    So it is only when you change the structure or add new items that you have to calc. low-level-code. However if just one person changed one BOM you might get a 'funny' planning result if you don't calc. the low-level-code prior to using the Planning Worksheet.
    Christian Rytt
    Senior Program Manager
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    ****** This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights ******