Slowness during the process of validation in General journal

SuperSage77SuperSage77 Member Posts: 101
Hi,
Slowness during the process of validation in a General Journal template
On a C/Side Base:C
Commit cache : Yes
Cache SGBD <32000>
I have a General journal template with 34 0000 lines. (filled with a dataport)
When i valide with a filter (4000 lignes) it's OK, but
When I validate all lines (34 000), stages of control of writings are quick but the validation of lines hard severals hours or even several days?

Somebody can help my ?

Rudy
rudy.weinling@wanadoo.fr

Answers

• David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    What version of Navision and do you use dimensions.
    David Singleton
  • SuperSage77SuperSage77 Member Posts: 101
    Solved!
    It is necessary to give information to Balance accoubt N° on every line rather than of to create a line of total Balance account N°.
    Because if ithe 'Balance Account N °' = ' ' the cu 13 throws function " Copyfields ". it's it who decelerated the process.

Thanks
    Rudy
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Solved!
    It is necessary to give information to Balance accoubt N° on every line rather than of to create a line of total Balance account N°.
    Because if ithe 'Balance Account N °' = ' ' the cu 13 throws function " Copyfields ". it's it who decelerated the process.

Thanks
    Rudy

Solved????

That is a solution only if you actually wanted to double the number of gl transactions. Are you the customer or the partner, if the customer, then evaluate the impact of this change on your process. If you are the partner, make sure you evaluate this with the customer to make sure you are not damaging their process.

In most cases I have seen where such a large number of entries are imported, the idea is to settle them all against one balancing entry. Or the journal itself is supposed to balance to zero. Simply changing the way the data is posted in the system may or may no be a solution.
    David Singleton