Slow filter marked only with other key then primary

KeesMeuzelaarKeesMeuzelaar Member Posts: 26
I have to place a filter on the contact records, therefore i choose a set and mark the records, then i use the function markedonly.
Because i like to show the records in a certain sorting method i use a key on company name.

The strange thing is that using a machine with windows xp the systems keeps performing, but with a newer pc with windows 7 the filter is very slow.
So there seems to be a relation with the windows version but we cannot find which one. Copying a large file from the network to the local pc is 4 times quicker ono the
windows 7 machine.

I hope somebody has an idea what could be the cause of the slower functioning with windows 7.

Comments

• David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    You really shouldn't use the MARKED function. Try to redesign your code with temporary tables, it will work much better. In reality MARKED is a function left over from the DOS version before we had the Item Application Entry table, but really has no use now.

The core issue is the marks are stored out side Navision at the OS level in a temporary file and they are stored by the primary key, So as soon as you change sorting on the view, the performance goes out the window.
    David Singleton