Meetings with Start date = Ending date. NAV bug?

afarrafarr Member Posts: 287
In standard NAV (2009 R2), if I create a To-do with Start-date = End-date, and then set its type to Meeting, I get an error message.

If, instead, I set its End-date to a day or two after Start-date, I can set its type to Meeting, and then change the End-date back to be the same as the Start-date.

This doesn’t make sense to me (or to our client). Is it just a NAV bug, or is there a fix or explanation for this?

Thanks,
Alastair
Alastair Farrugia

Answers

• TvisTvis Member Posts: 70
    I would call it a lapse in the NAV business logic. Which will have to be enhanced to work properly.
  • vigneshbosevigneshbose Member Posts: 3
    I guess the issue is with the Duration Field, to find the duration you might have find out the differences between end Time and the Start time.

Where start time is blank, I guess this could be an issue, could you please update the start time and then check it.
  • afarrafarr Member Posts: 287
    Thanks Tvis and vigneshbose.

Note that when a To-do is created, the start-time field is greyed out; it only becomes editable after setting the type to Meeting.

It's strange that today I can't re-create the problem (on standard NAV 2009 R2 - I checked that there are no modifications). I'll set this to 'Solved'.
    Alastair Farrugia