Field [name of field] in table [table name] does not exist

stiastastiasta Member Posts: 106
Hello!
I get this error when trying to add a new field to the table (Table is between 50000 and 59999)

It says (could be translation error)
ERROR: Field [name of field] in table does not exist in SQL Server-Table or -view

There are no special characters in the table name, or any of the fields. (Saw this error in other posts)
However, these properties are put into effect:
LinkedObject: Yes
DataPerCompany: No

Could the problem be these properties?
What does LinkedObject do? (DataPerCompany is pretty self explanitory)
11.jpg 17.6K

Answers

• David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    You need to create the field in SQL before you create it in Navision if you are using linked objects.
    David Singleton
  • stiastastiasta Member Posts: 106
    Thank you for your respons.
    After more digging into this case i have found that this table is actually a view in the SQL database.

The question now is how do i change the view? Do i have to code it in the MSSql Man. studio or can i untick the Linked object property, add the field and then set it to yes again?
    What will happen if i set the linked object to no, add the field and set it to yes again?
    22.jpg 84.7K
  • GRIZZLYGRIZZLY Member Posts: 127
    1. Change view in SQL
    2. Add field in NAV, you don't need to tick Linked property. I think NAV map fields to view in run-time.
    Sincerely yours, GRIZZLY
    Follow my blog at http://x-dynamics.blogspot.com
    Do you know if there are some smart function in MS SQL Management studio, that can change the view? Or do you have to rewrite the SQL command to change it?
  • FDickschatFDickschat Member Posts: 380
    Just right click on the view and use Edit or Design.
    Frank Dickschat
    FD Consulting
    After some good tips i ended up with adding the field in the SQL view. After executing and creating the new view, i was able to add the field in the table in NAV.

I have another question just for curiousity:
    What is the reason for using a view and not a table? Is it a performance issue only?
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    stiasta wrote:
    I have another question just for curiousity:
    What is the reason for using a view and not a table? Is it a performance issue only?

There are many reasons, but you would need to ask the developer that did it as to why.
    David Singleton
    I would like to know all the reasons. :)
    I have started a new post where we can discuss reasons for using a view
    http://mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=49914