Job Queue Not working in Navision

chandrurecchandrurec Member Posts: 560
Hi all,

I have setup the NAS for Job Queue.

After this , I have made Job Queue Boolean field in Job Queue Setup form.Then I have given the Object type,Object No and in recurrence tab, I have made all the boolean field true and given the Starting time,Ending time, No. Of minutes between.

But I cannot able to see the log entries because the object is not run after the specified time interval.

If anyone knows the reason for this , kindly let me know.If possible , kindly let me know what are all the madatory things which we need to set for the Job Queue to run properly.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
chandru.

Comments

• ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Is your NAS session available in Database session form.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    Check the earliest start date/time, make sure the status is 'ready', and of course whether NAS is running at all with the right startup parameter (JOBQUEUE).
  • chandrurecchandrurec Member Posts: 560
    Hi DenSter,

Earliest start date time is given, and the status is ready.The startup parameter is JOBQUEUE and the NAS server is started and running fine. Still I cant see the log entries.

Regards,
    chandru.
  • vijay_gvijay_g Member Posts: 884
    You are working on SQL or Native db?
    Check eventviewer first if there any error or everything is working properly.
  • chandrurecchandrurec Member Posts: 560
    Hi vijay_g ,

I am working with Navision Native. I checked the event viewer it is telling executed suxxessfully.But still not getting the log entries.

Thanks & Regards,
    chandru.
  • pawanppawanp Member Posts: 90
    Hi,

Make sure you are running NAS service under your useraccount instead of NETWORK SERVICE
  • julkifli33julkifli33 Member Posts: 1,087
    do we need any special granule to execute NAS?
    granule 1415 or 1420 perhaps??
  • davmac1davmac1 Member Posts: 1,283
    1415 Application Server
    Usually you get one use with your typical NAV license, then have to buy additional if you want to run more than 1 NAS.
    Each NAS also consumes a user license.
  • bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    NAS does not consume a user license (NAV user that is). NAS sessions are licensed separately.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
    i have multiple companies
    i want to do automatic imports for each company
    but different time...
    8 PM for company A
    9 PM for company B
    10 PM for company C
    these 3 companies in same database
    do i need 3 licenses of NAS to do this?
  • bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    NAS licensing works just like user licensing. A single NAS session can only connect to one company at a time. And each active session needs a license. So if you could manage to have 1 NAS connect to Company A and do something, then disconnect from Company A and connect to company B and do something, and so on, you'd only need 1 license. But if the connections to all three companies need to be active together, then you need 3 licenses. Just like a regular user license works.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
    bbrown wrote:
    NAS licensing works just like user licensing. A single NAS session can only connect to one company at a time. And each active session needs a license. So if you could manage to have 1 NAS connect to Company A and do something, then disconnect from Company A and connect to company B and do something, and so on, you'd only need 1 license. But if the connections to all three companies need to be active together, then you need 3 licenses. Just like a regular user license works.

bbrown, thanks a lot for your explanation :)