Apply multiple General Journal lines to one Cust. Ledg. Entr

xavraswyzryn13xavraswyzryn13 Member Posts: 5
I would like to apply multiple payments, posted simultaneously via General Journal, to one Customer Ledger Entry.
I tried shift+F9 (apply entries) and setting the "Apply-to ID" to Document No. in each of the lines about to be posted, as well as the Cust. Ledg. Entry I want to apply them to.
This however applies only the first of many posted lines.
I would be extremely grateful for tips on how to apply multiple Gen. Journal Lines to a single CLE :)

Comments

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    how are you setting the "applies-to id"? are you hitting f9 on each entry?
  • xavraswyzryn13xavraswyzryn13 Member Posts: 5
    I hit F9 on the single Cust. Ledg. Entry I would like to apply all my Gen. Journal Lines to.
    However, I have to manually copy the "Applies-to ID" to each of the Journal Lines besides the one I used the "Apply Entries" form with.
    Even though all the lines and the CL Entry have the same "Applies-to ID", the CL Entry is applied to only the first posted line.

I am just looking for a way to apply many lines to one entry while posting them (multiple lines) via Gen. Jnl.
    If you know of a standard NAV way to do it, please share :)
    If you did a modification to achieve it, I'd be grateful for tips.
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Click on "Function Button" - "Apply Entries" or Shift + F9 while entering journal lines, select multiple entries and post.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • xavraswyzryn13xavraswyzryn13 Member Posts: 5
    ssingla wrote:
    Click on "Function Button" - "Apply Entries" or Shift + F9 while entering journal lines, select multiple entries and post.

The problem is I want to apply multiple Journal Lines to a single Ledger Entry, not multiple Ledger Entries to a single line.
    For example, I entered General Journal lines no. 10000, 20000 and 30000.
    I want to apply them all (10000, 20000, 30000) to a single Customer Ledg. Entry no. 12345.

Applying single Gen. Jnl. line to multiple CL Entries works fine, just as you described. My problem is to do it the other way around.

EDIT: So... entering "Apply-to Doc. No." works. Still, entering "Apply-to ID" to multiple Gen. Jnl. Lines does not. Can't seem to get a solution to applying many-to-many journal lines-to-entries.
  • jglathejglathe Member Posts: 639
    Hi,

when a journal line is posted and an application is done the "Applies- to ID" field of the CL entry is cleared. So, working with "Applies- to Documemt No." is the only way without coding.

with best regards

Jens

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=52.552895,13.084317