Tracking specification doubt!!

gonzy1981gonzy1981 Member Posts: 156
Hi there,
My question is about where is stored the information about the Tracking specification, after posting a document.

I've found out that the information about the lot (document, lot no., quantity, ...) in the posting of a sales/purchase shipment is stored in the table 6507.
And when i'm posting a sales/purchase invoice is stored in the table 6508.

But are there any table with the value of the lot (document, lot no., quantity, ...) after posting from a journal???

Thank you.

PS: I can't read from the table 32, because it hasn't been insert the record yet, in my process. So i've to search that information in other places.

Comments

• BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    gonzy1981 wrote:
    My question is about where is stored the information about the Tracking specification, after posting a document.
    Item ledger entry table, for sure!
    gonzy1981 wrote:
    But are there any table with the value of the lot (document, lot no., quantity, ...) after posting from a journal???

Thank you.

PS: I can't read from the table 32, because it hasn't been insert the record yet, in my process. So i've to search that information in other places.
    :? it's not clear if you want the info DURING or AFTER the posting. Before, you said "after" posting a document: documents with item tracking (and thus, with item lines), generates item ledger entries.

If you, instead, want to do something during posting, you have to look for these info in reservation entries: both for documents and journals.

check these important fields on reserventry:
    -source ID (document no., or journal template depending on the source type)
    -source type (table no.) - 37 for sales line, 83 for item jnl, etc.
    -source subtype (document type - only used if source type refers to a document)

but be careful, this module is not easy to modify; it's kinda "spaghetti" ;)
    test it wisely!
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog