Mail and SMTP mail

Cem_KaraerCem_Karaer Member Posts: 281
Hello,

I have been trying to send e-mails from NAV. First I tried Mail (397) codeunit but it failed on every client except on my own computer. On other clients NAV complaints that Outlook is not the default e-mail program, but it is. So I decided to try SMTP Mail (400) codeunit. But it even didn't work on my own computer.

I figured out that Mail codeunit tries to logon Outlook using the default profile, but fails anyway. And SMTP Mail fails because the SMTP server requires logon using SPA. But this cannot be specified anyhow.

Which alternative can be done?
Cem Karaer @ Pargesoft
Dynamics NAV Developer since 2005

Answers

• mkeurmkeur Member Posts: 13
    I have had a similair problem with codeunit 400. But when the system admninistrator added my ip-adress to the trusted .... (no idea, but he addes my IP-adress somewhere) on the mailserver I could sent emails.
  • Cem_KaraerCem_Karaer Member Posts: 281
    The SMTP Mail codeunit returns the following error:

Microsoft Dynamics NAV Classic
    The SMTP mail system returned the following error: (0x8004020E): The server rejected the sender address. The server response was: 530 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first. a27sm27542483bku.9
    OK

So now I decided to use the JMAIL objects but its configuration is over-tedious and external dlls must be installed to the client machines which I especially refrain to do. The most viable solution seems to be Outlook synchronization. But the Mail codeunit is making fuss.

Any ideas?
    Cem Karaer @ Pargesoft
  • danlindstromdanlindstrom Member Posts: 130
    Regarding the message "Outlook is not your default..." are you using the 64-bit version of Outlook? MAPI calls to 64-bit clients are NOT supported, you must use a 32-bit version of Outlook :(

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
    Regards
    Dan Lindström
    NCSD Navision 2.00 since 1999 (Navision Certified Solution Developer)
    MBSP Developer for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009
  • Cem_KaraerCem_Karaer Member Posts: 281
    Well, my problem is solved. The SMTP Mail is used. In the SMTP setup I set Authentication to NTLM and SMTP server to the Exchange server. Exchange is smart enough to find the operating user's mail account.

Here is what I learned from this case:
    1. NAV's SMTP mail (400) doesn't support SPA authentications.
    2. NAV's Outlook integration (397) doesn't support 64-bit Outlook.

With further comments, we can learn more about NAV's mail system.
    Cem Karaer @ Pargesoft