problem with hotcopy

argie01argie01 Member Posts: 4
Hi,

I migrated Navision 4.0 SP1 to a new server, and now when I try to do a backup I got this error:

The operating system cannot find the drive and directory specified for the file F:\Archivos de programa\Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision\Database Server\ddbbdb.fdb .

Please check that the drive, directory and file names are correct.

It's true that on the old server the ddbb was on drive F:, but on the new server the ddbb is on the drive C:
So, I don't know how to fix this problem.

This is the backup script, and it doesn't mention the drive F:

"C:\Archivos de programa\Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision\Database Server\HotCopy.exe" source="C:\Archivos de programa\Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision\Database Server\ddbbdb.fdb" destination="C:\BBDDNavision" Server=localhost user=USERpassword=passw dbtest=minimum cc=yes > "C:\BBDDNavision\log.txt"

Thank you for your help.

Comments

• vaprogvaprog Member Posts: 1,139
    Database server service at localhost, running on default port is connected to the database file given in source parameter?

Did you try running the command from the command line or from some scheduler? In the latter case, does it really execute the comand exactly as you have given?

Have you connected to the database in the new location using a client before trying hotcopy?
  • argie01argie01 Member Posts: 4
    Hi,

the Navision server and client are both installed on the same server (as it was on the old server).
    I tried executing the script manually from command line, and also using the windows scheduler. On both cases I've got the same error.

I tried connecting to the server from a client installed on other computer, but it doesn't works. Perhaps I should check this, but itsn't a problem for me, since the only user that run Navision is using Terminal Service to logon on the server.

Besides it, the error says clearly that the problem is there is not a drive F:. So, I don't think this could be a problem with the client. In fact, I can do a backup using the option on the client, without problem.
  • argie01argie01 Member Posts: 4
    Hi,

the problem is fixed. The cause of the problem was I copied directly the ddbb from to old server to the new one. And the correct procedure is do a backup (using Navision itself) of the ddbb on the old server, then create a new database (using Navision itself) on the new server, and so do a restore on the new server.

After that hotcopy is working fine.