Some Chinese Characters can NOT be entered in MS 2009 Nav CC

BVSBVS Member Posts: 5
Hi and good afternoon,

We are a global company and are using Microsoft Dynamics < 10 years. We have setup one database in the Netherlands in 1999 which covers The Netherlands, France, England,Itally,German, Sweden,Zwitserland, Poland, Tjechie, Slovakie and this works great.

8 months ago we have setup the same configuration in the USA. One database which covers Usa,Canada,Mexico, China and Korea.

We are using in the USA.
Microsoft Dynamics 2009 R2 Version W1 6.0 R2 SPIW12.01.00 QM4 (6.00.32012)
World Wide version ENGLISH.
Classic Client (CC)

Sql 2008 collation : Latin1_General_100_cs_as

Navision Database : Collation Tab.
Collation Type : Windows Enabled.
Validate Collation : Disabled
Collation Description : Afrikaans, Basque, Catalan, Dutch, English, Faeroese, German, Indonesian, Italian, Portuguese
Binary : Disabled
Case-Sensitive : Enabled
Accent-sensitive : Enabled

Workstation to test company China: Windows Server 2008 English
Control Panel > Regional and Language Options > Administrative tab
Change the current language for non-Unicode programs to: Chinese Simplified (PRC)
Keyboard settings : CH Chinese (Simplified, PRC)

Problem:
In Navision contact Card tryiny to enter Chinese characters in text fields (Name, Name2).
Most of the chinese characters are working (cfr image Field Name), but some doesn't.
e.g. Chinese Dong 东(=east in Chinees) in name 2 field returns ? cfr image Field Name 2
Copy/past Chinese Dong 东 from word 2010 in Navision field name2 works and can be saved/retrieved within Navision,

Does anybody have any idea any workaround (since we cannot wait for Nav 7.0).

If there is no alternative we are thinking setting up a new database for China, does anybody has some experience with this and if so how should the collations been set in Sql 2008 and in Database navision.

Thanks all for your comments.

Regards,
Bob

Comments

• FDickschatFDickschat Member Posts: 380
    We have setup something similar with one of my customers and it works fine:

In one DB Germany, Netherlands, Spain, Belgium, England, France, China.

MS Dynamics 2009 SP1 CC Executable (6.00.30212)
    SQL Server 2005, Latin1_General_cs_as
    NAV DB collation settings like yours

Regional Settings in Citrix Server: Same as yours, additionally Menus are in Chinese

Entry of Dong via pinyin does produce exactly the correct token.

I do remember that "Latin1_General_100_..." created some problems in some NAV versions. You might want to try to use the latest NAV build. Maybe check latest SQL server service pack also.
    Frank Dickschat
    FD Consulting
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    Have you tried to enter the data in RTC?
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • BVSBVS Member Posts: 5
    FDickschat wrote:
    We have setup something similar with one of my customers and it works fine:

In one DB Germany, Netherlands, Spain, Belgium, England, France, China.

MS Dynamics 2009 SP1 CC Executable (6.00.30212)
    SQL Server 2005, Latin1_General_cs_as
    NAV DB collation settings like yours

Regional Settings in Citrix Server: Same as yours, additionally Menus are in Chinese

Entry of Dong via pinyin does produce exactly the correct token.

I do remember that "Latin1_General_100_..." created some problems in some NAV versions. You might want to try to use the latest NAV build. Maybe check latest SQL server service pack also.

Thanks for your reply.
    Problem has been solved by creating additional database collation Chinese_Prc_CS_AS_WS not nice but working since last Thursday and confirmed by Chinese people at Shanghai.
    Now getting stuck with Korea. Created additional database collation Korea_Samsung_CS_AS_WS, Korea_100_CS_AS_WS and Korea_100_BIN many characters not working within Navision. When I choose Korea_90_CS_AS_WS i receive a message when opening Navision that this collation is not supported. Any Idea?
    Thanks
    Bob