Production Order - reopen a closed order

andy76andy76 Member Posts: 616
Hello,

I ask you if it is possible to reopen a PRODUCTION order closed by mistake of user.

NAV 5.0 CH

Thank you

Comments

• David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Yes its not a problem to reopen them. There are no closing transaction or such created, so it wont mess up your system. Test it though in case your db has some customizations that assume the POs wont reopen.
    David Singleton
  • andy76andy76 Member Posts: 616
    How?

Thank you
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Look at the code that finishes production orders, you just need to modify that to un-finish them.

Sorry I assmed that you knew the code to write, and wer asking if it would cause any problems in the system if you "Un Finish" them
    David Singleton
  • ReinhardReinhard Member Posts: 249
    OK so are you talking about purchase orders or production orders here? :-k :-k :-k
    For me it is important to reopen a Production Order (Manufacturing). Why this question?
  • SogSog Member Posts: 1,023
    andy76 wrote:
    For me it is important to reopen a Production Order (Manufacturing). Why this question?
    because your first post says (said if you're kind enough to edit)
    andy76 wrote:
    I ask you if it is possible to reopen a purchase order closed by mistake of user.

Anyway, just rename the production order in question. Unless in the future you need a way to do this more often.
    But as David said, first do it in a Testdb, and that is: no posting, release and then finish a production order. Then release it again and finish it again. See if it made any changes in the db (posting and other lines) and then rename your production order (in case it didn't generate new content).

This because
    A: if there are modification that posts lines in the finishing of a production, then reopening is a bad idea.
    B: see A
    |Pressing F1 is so much faster than opening your browser|
    |To-Increase|
    Dear Sog,

I corrected now my first post (it was a mistake).

I don't understand too much what you advice.
    I try to write what you mean:

1) create a new db from actual backup for test
    Following operations in test db:
    2) rename (from table??) closed Prod. Ord. number X to Y where Y is a new free number. Prod Ord. X will not exist anymore.
    ....??
    3) make necessaries operations and test on Prod. Ord. Y
    4) if all is ok rename ok from Y to X (original number)?

If all is ok make all same step in real / productive database?

Thank you
    the key in the production order consists of 2 fields: namely status and number
    which means you made 2 actions out of one (rename)

1) create a new db from actual backup for test
    Following operations in test db:
    2) rename (from table Production order) closed Prod. Ord. status finished to released where X stays the same number.
    Prod Ord. finished X will not exist anymore.
    3) Rename the production order back to finished X trough the original method of using the statuschange form including all the code that might (i hope not) create posts. and check if something like that happened.
    4) if all is ok, it can be done in the live
    |To-Increase|
    Ok, now it is more clear but between point 2 and 3 users and our interface developed from scratch should make the operations for examples consumption, output, capacity before to close again the order with standard step.
    yes, your gui developped from scratch instead of the form closing.
    But what is really important is to determine if any posts have been made already for that specific production in the live and see if the change status to finished has to do anything with it.
    In a standard NAV the rename is no problem, but modifications in manufacturing might change this behaviour, so unless you know it doesn't do anything, testing is recommended.
    |To-Increase|
  • chengalasettyvsraochengalasettyvsrao Member Posts: 711
    andy76 wrote:
    Hello,

I ask you if it is possible to reopen a PRODUCTION order closed by mistake of user.

NAV 5.0 CH

Thank you

Do you want to change the production order status from Finished to Released ?

If yes , check this link
    viewtopic.php?f=23&t=21568&hilit=change+status+of+finished+production+order&start=15
    Yes but without risks?
    The system (form) does not allow that...
    The system (form) is following business rules.
    Because one of the users has made an infraction towards this rule, you are facing this problem because the system is not made to rectify infractions on business rules (if the production order is finished, it's finished and nothing may alter it)
    That's why we let the user know that they are still responsible for their actions, it will allow infractions to business rules because the system is not allknowing.

(Sometimes the user expects that the system knows that an order has not been shipped and should stop the users when they try to ship the order) (same case here)

and that's why the system won't allow to revert to a previous stage if it's in the finished stage (business rules).
    Also this doesn't explain why you can revert it !!without much risk!! (there is always a risk), but standard nav does not make a whole lot of changes when changing the status on the purchase order.(only thing I found was costing) (speaking of standard NAV, your customizations should be known to you)
    |To-Increase|