Calculation of Due date

Stivan_dsouza21Stivan_dsouza21 Member Posts: 218
On Purchase Invoice Form, when vendor is slected the due date is calculated on the basis of Vendor card payment terms code.when Payment terms code is changed on that basis due date is calculated on th basis of payment term changed on puchase inovice.
But now i want that even if Payment Terms code is changed whatever payment terms code is specified on the vendor card on that basis my due date should get calculated on Purchase inovice.

So can somebody help me out.....
Thanks & Regards,
Stivan D'souza

Comments

• mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,504
    You want to calculate Due date only based on Payment terms which is assigned on vendor card not on Purchase invoice Form?
  • Stivan_dsouza21Stivan_dsouza21 Member Posts: 218
    ya...
    but at these client they change the payment terms code at purchase invoice.
    even after changing it should calculated on the basis of Payment terms which is assigned on vendor card.
    Thanks & Regards,
    Stivan D'souza
    what about setting payment terms code uneditable in Purchase invoice form?
    i have already suggested them but they want these to be customised.......
    Thanks & Regards,
    Stivan D'souza
  • BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    can't you make the payment terms not editable?
    edit: wops, too late :)
    what a strange request :S
    anyway, you can hide the real payment terms (delete it from the form), and make visible a new field on the form that gets the same value of the payment terms. Then, the user can change this field as he wants but the real payment terms field will still remain the same...
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
    by the way, i cannot see a real usefulness of such a modification, can you explain why they want it?
    I would just make the field not editable, and tell them that if they want to add additional "miscellaneous" information they still have the sales lines and posting description fields...
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
    Belias wrote:
    anyway, you can hide the real payment terms (delete it from the form), and make visible a new field on the form that gets the same value of the payment terms. Then, the user can change this field as he wants but the real payment terms field will still remain the same...
    and Make sure the use of modified payment terms value..whether they need it for any calculation or just we can ignore it..
    yes, i'm still wondering what does he do with that modified payment terms...let's see :-k
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
    i asked them to make the field uneditable...
    now client is saying that if they change Document Date
    Thanks & Regards,
    Stivan D'souza
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Why don't you explain the business scenario so we can corelate the requirements mentioned by you.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
    what they want is Due date should get calculated on the basis of vendor card payments terms code and document date
    in each and every case.....
    Thanks & Regards,
    Stivan D'souza
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    what they want is Due date should get calculated on the basis of vendor card payments terms code and document date
    in each and every case.....

Which is a totally different request to your original one. Clearly you have an idea of what the client needs, but you don't know 100%.
    Sit with them and write up a proper specification.

If your customer tells you they need a button to delete all GL Entries, you don't just start writing code, you work out what they really mean and do the job properly.

](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
    David Singleton
    Guys i made the Payment terms code uneditable on Purchase inovice......
    Thanks & Regards,
    Stivan D'souza
    Guys i made the Payment terms code uneditable on Purchase inovice......
    :thumbsup:
    At the Time of making PO, the Payment terms code will be editable and they will change the Payment terms code.
    but when they book and inovice the payment terms code will be uneditable but the due date should get calculated on the basis of vendor payment terms code and document date.
    Thanks & Regards,
    Stivan D'souza