Is there any possiblity

fahdfahd Member Posts: 226
Dear Experts,

We do sell game consoles like Xbox and Playstations

I know it sounds weird but we are going to start an offer & following is the scenario.

Customer will bring an old play Station Console (used one) for example worth of AED 200 & he/she will purchase a new console worth of 1500 AED.

Since the customer is giving us his/her old console and taking the new one so he/she will get a discount of 200 AED.

Which means he/she will get the new Console for 1300 AED.

As far as the new console with discount price is concerned we can make offer and sell. But any ideas about the old console that we will take from customer?
I have created one dummy item for the old item but how can i increase it's inventory because basically that item will be a + (Postiive entry). It will basically add up to the inventory.

If there is any idea or possibility so kindly let me know.

Regards,
Fahad

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    And have you tried to add new line to the sales order with negative quantity? You can even use price 200 to "deduct" the price from the total...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • fahdfahd Member Posts: 226
    Dear Kamil,

Thanks for your help!

yes i have tried with -1 qty. it says" Sales return is not possible within the same transaction".

I want to make the dummy item as a return and the new console as a normal sale but with discount of 200 AED.

Suppose my dumm item number is 123 and new console's item number is 124.

So Item no. 123 (dummy item with price 200 AED) will be postivie entry, it will add up to the stock.

Item 124( New item with price 1500 AED) will be a negetive entry, this item will be a normal sale.

Isn't this possible that i could make one positive and one negetive entry within the same transaction????
  • rhpntrhpnt Member Posts: 688
    Why would you want to add the old consoles to the regular inventory? Normally you don't take on inventory items of a marketing "gag". A company takes something on inventory with the main purpose of selling it afterwards, so it has to buy and pay for it.Which in terms means that you have to set up the person that brought you the item as a vendor and buy it. Otherwise I wouldn't want to be the one that stands in front of the Finance/Bookkeeping department to explain how to post this old stuff out of the ledger entries...
  • GRIZZLYGRIZZLY Member Posts: 127
    I suggest you to use that case:
    1. You sell new item with the price = 1500$. After the customer debt you 1500$.
    2. You post a credit memo with an old item with price and unit cost = 200$ from the same customer. After that you owes him 200$.
    3. Customer pays 1300$ by cash or bank. You should apply original invoice, credit memo and cash payment. The balance for that customer should be equal to 0 and all entries should be closed.
    Sincerely yours, GRIZZLY
    Follow my blog at http://x-dynamics.blogspot.com
  • SogSog Member Posts: 1,023
    GRIZZLY wrote:
    I suggest you to use that case:
    1. You sell new item with the price = 1500$. After the customer debt you 1500$.
    2. You post a credit memo with an old item with price and unit cost = 200$ from the same customer. After that you owes him 200$.
    3. Customer pays 1300$ by cash or bank. You should apply original invoice, credit memo and cash payment. The balance for that customer should be equal to 0 and all entries should be closed.
    That's really unhandy for a POS although the flow is correct.
    For this specifict scenario I see one or 2 modification that have to be made in order to make the system managable by storeclerks.
    1: modify the posting routine to enable sales and returns at the same time.
    2: an easy way to create second-hand items from a new item.

It is possible, and I've done this before. But there are loads of pitfalls on has to take into account in creating modifciation 1.
    If you are looking for a standard way: Take on Grizzly's advice.
    |Pressing F1 is so much faster than opening your browser|
    |To-Increase|
  • rhpntrhpnt Member Posts: 688
    @fahd:
    - I assume you are again talking about LSRetail? It's a VERY important info so please do state that in your future posts so that people who are willing to help won't waste time by looking in the wrong direction...
    - based on your number of posts and their content you should really consider taking on an LSR expert to fix your problems

Positive and negative transactions in one sales doc are not an issue in std. NAV but LSR has its own rules.
  • fahdfahd Member Posts: 226
    Dear All,
    Thanks alot for all your suggestions.I was actually looking for a logic and possibilities.

@Rhpnt, I will mention LS Retail in the future.

Thanks again!