Dataports [after inserting into table]

joehjoeh Member Posts: 32
Hi All
I know its a trivial one, but its got me stuck - I couldn't seem to find anything in the search.

I've made a simple Dataport which imports items and their settings into the item table (has some basic OnAfterImportRecord() Validations etc) however I'm trying to add the ability within the same dataport to allocate a Bin to the item. Due to it being a new item it would only be possible to assign a Bin after the record has been imported.

I can do this in two different Dataports but I thought for ease of use and due to this being in use often, could I get away with using a single Dataport with Item as a DataItem and make a workaround to allow the Dataport run the code after each row has been inserted into the item table? Or would I have to just make a DataItem as Integer and manually script the procedure for Item insert and then have the bin functionality setup as an additional step?

Or would I make the bin procedure work from the next row, updating the bin for the previous row, then have a blank row at the end to process the last items bin as well?

I hope that makes sense, seeking your guidance.

Many Thanks
Joeh
Joeh Chan,
HostLive Limited

Comments

• joehjoeh Member Posts: 32
    Okay I've solved it myself using the last method mentioned

Thanks everyone - Sorry about that
    Joeh Chan,
    HostLive Limited